Here are the players that have worked out for the Raptors so far:
- Tyrese Rice, Senior G, 6′ 1″ 190lbs, Boston College: Interview :: DX
- Jeff Pendergraph, Senior F, 6′ 9″ 240lbs, Arizona State: Interview :: DX
- Byron Eaton, Senior PG, 5′ 11″ 210lbs, Oklahoma State: DX
- Terrence Williams, Senior F, 6′ 6″ 215lbs, Louisville: Interview :: DX
- Danny Green, Senior G/F, 6′ 6″ 210lbs, North Carolina: Interview :: DX
- Dionte Christmas, Senior, 6′ 5″ 205lbs, Temple: DX
- Joe Ingles of Australia’s NBL and Canadians Anthony Batchelor of Durham College, Jevohn Shepherd and Russell Hicks from Florida International
The only interesting prospects here are Danny Green who, if you remember, also worked out for us last year and was advised to go back for another year, and Terrence Williams. Our colleagues at Raptors HQ were there and broke down the two players of interest. We would do the same but every time myself and AltRaps try to get into the ACC we’re thrown out on our asses and end up going to the Lower Rail to do some real observing and analysis.
The Raptors are expected to work out as many as 30 players leading up to the draft and judging by the looks of things, swingmen seem to be a priority. I think we’re a year late in that regard but better late than never. We’ll find out our drafting position on May 19th and until then I’ll reserve my thoughts on these players or who we should draft because if the lottery Gods smile on the Raptors the entire complexion of this team might change.
I’ll be talking to Jack Armstrong in a day or so about Raptors et al so if you have any questions, post them in the comment section. Try to stump him.
Hey, remember Mike Toth, that guy on Sportsnet that you thought was annoying because he made childish jokes in a jerky voice and opened up every show with some obscure hockey highlights between the Thrashers and the Blashers but your one buddy thought he was funny and how you thought about not being friends with that buddy and just because of that you slowly grew apart and now you never talk? Well, that Mike Toth wrote a column about how Triano is given a free pass by the media because he’s Canadian. What he’s saying is that Triano’s coaching record sucks and he should be publicly flogged for it but instead the media turns a blind eye because of his nationality.
Sure, I’m a little tired of the Triano love-fest but you can hardly bring yourself to bashing the guy because of his record. At least not yet, let’s wait till December ’09 before we start firejaytriano.com. Oh wait! Too late!
One more thing, we added a new page to the site yesterday which has a listing of all the Rap of the Day’s since February 13th (that’s when we started storing them).
- Linkage for May 8 9am to May 14 3pm
- Raptors interest at Reebok Eurocamp