Linkage for Jun 25 9am through Jun 26 11am:
- Chaun’s Raptors and NBA blog: Welcome DeMar!!
- Morning after: Draft thoughts and the new makeup of the Chicago Bulls – Chicago Bulls Confidential Finally, Toronto was rumored to be in love with James Johnson and considering drafting him at #9. Taking Johnson may prove valuable if Chris Bosh trade rumors pop up, however, the odds of Bosh, or any major star, being traded for players drafted this year after the draft is low. If the Raptors were going to make a move, then it would have made more sense to make it on draft day when they could use the picks themselves.
- College Eye: The top five guys drafted too early – The Dagger – NCAA Hoops – Rivals.com
- khandor’s sports blog » 2009 NBA Draft Trackers for the Raptors
- Toronto Raptors and DeMar DeRozan’s Upside : T.O. Sports
- Jurassic Hoops’ Post Draft Digestion | Jurassic Hoops
- Foot on the Line: Post draft thoughts
- Doug Smith’s Toronto Raptors blog
- Raptors’ pick ‘reminiscent’ of Carter
- Hoops Addict » DeRozan Shows A Willingness To Learn
- Straight Outta Compton – Raps Select DeRozan at #9 Well most mock drafts had DeRozan headed to Toronto and they were right. Most of the hype about DeRozan is that he has the most “upside” from all of the players in the draft and we’ll see if this holds true. Colangelo has a knack for picking up good #9 picks and let’s just hope DeRozan pans out for the Raps.
- Dino Nation Blog: Air Canada Flight 2 Now Boarding? So that was it welcome to Air Canada Flight 2. As much as people may still hate the old Vince that is heading back to Orlando. Vince in the early days was jaw dropping and amazing. DeRozan has a lot to live up to if he hopes to match what Vince did. But Toronto has a new 19 year old rock star and for now there is just happy feelings in Raptorland. Demar has the raw skills that maybe he can be V.C like. But even if he gets anywhere close it will be the closest thing to V.C we have seen since he left. However I am thinking that being a kid in Compton California and making it all the way to USC is a tough trip. To The NBA even tougher. So if you were to bet against him it likely would not be the first time it has happened I would imagine.
- Jay Triano – The FAN 590 Toronto The bench boss of the Raptors speaks to The FAN’s Eric Smith and other members of the press following the team’s selection of Demar DeRozan out of the University of Southern California with the ninth pick of the 2009 NBA Draft.
- Bryan Colangelo – The FAN 590 Toronto The GM of the Raptors speaks to The FAN’s Eric Smith and other members of the press following the team’s selection of Demar DeRozan out of the University of Southern California with the ninth pick of the 2009 NBA Draft.
- DeRozan On Raptors – Inside USC with Scott Wolf USC forward DeMar DeRozan on getting drafted by Toronto.
“You know, I think I can fit in great,” DeRozan said. “I can bring a lot to the team on both ends. Probably be defense and offense, that’s my thing I try to bring and just get the team going again. Just try to do the little things that need to be done.
“I’m going to go and give my all on both ends, go out there and try to win every game and never slack a bit. You know you might be able to have a chance to come in and try to make an impact and that’s one of my main goals is try to get us to that point where we make the playoffs.”
- An In Depth Look At The NBA Draft; The Good, The Bad And What Were They Thinking? » Slam Dunk Central #9 – Toronto Raptors: DeMar DeRozan-SG: USCAnalysis: The kid can light it up which is what the Raptors need desperately at the two spot. Whether in the starting line-up or as a sixth man this young man will be a keeper! Grade: A
- Eastern Conference Draft Grades — NBA FanHouse Toronto Raptors: B
Selections: Demar DeRozan (No. 9)
Comments: DeRozan needs to get stronger but has the potential to be a real NBA scorer because of his athleticism. Raptors are going head first into free agent market, hoping to make a run at several guys, including Hedo Turkoglu.
- 2009 NBA Draft: 1st round pick-by-pick analysis « The Melo Backpedal #9] TORONTO RAPTORS –
DEMAR DEROZAN | SOUTHERN CAL
GUARD – FORWARD – 6-6 210
We’ve been hearing about how Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo had zeroed in on DeRozan of the past few weeks, so this comes as no surprise. Based on John Hollinger’s rating system, we soured on DeRozan as a prospect, but he does have a huge amount of upside if he can get the proper coaching. He has freakish athleticism and a knack for finishing at the rim, which should make him a fan favorite early on.
- The Associated Press: Taxing Situation TAXING SITUATION: Demar DeRozan was selected by the Toronto Raptors and he was asked if his agent was happy with that selection considering the onerous tax system in Canada.”He’s glad for me to go a team like this, I think this was one of the best situations for me,” the Southern California freshman said. “We are figuring out about the tax system, so right now I am just enjoying this. I’ve got to save all the receipts, that’s one thing I’m going to do.”
- Instant Impact: 2009 First Round Picks – HOOPSWORLD 9 – Toronto Raptors – DeMar DeRozan: The Toronto Raptors’ two key free agents this summer are Anthony Parker, their starting shooting guard, and Shawn Marion, their starting small forward. Drafting USC swingman DeMar DeRozan allows Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo to be a little more careful with how much money he spends to bring those two guys back.
- usc headline | – Sports – OCRegister.com For the second year in a row, a one-and-done player from USC went in the top 10 of the NBA draft. Whether that’s good for the program remains a hotly debated topic.It wasn’t exactly at the forefront of DeMar DeRozan’s mind Thursday night when he followed O.J. Mayo’s lead into the lottery. DeRozan went to the Toronto Raptors with the ninth selection, a year after Mayo went No. 3. DeRozan had his eye on the future.
“Toronto, here I come,” he said on his Twitter page. “Air Canada’s back.”
- PBN | 2009 NBA Draft pick-by-pick analysis 9. Toronto: DeMar DeRozan, G/F, USC — A fortunate pick for the Raptors, who badly needed an upgrade on the wing, particularly athletically. He’s a project, but has the type of game-changing dexterity that can make him a force on both ends of the floor. He’s not someone who sits around and watches, constantly trying to be around the ball and make a play. That type of effort will allow him to get by until the game slows down for him and he becomes a major asset.
- Team-by-team analysis: T’wolves have guards covered – USATODAY.com Toronto: Picking ninth overall, the Raptors made an interesting selection in taking DeMar DeRozan of Southern California, a first-team Pac-10 All-Freshman in his only season of college basketball. Despite exceptional athleticism and ability to guard multiple positions, the 6-7, 220-pound forward remains a bit of a gamble.
- USC, UCLA make a strong showing. – Los Angeles Times
- Analyzing the Pac-10′s night at the draft – CougCenter
- Visions of Vince | Toronto Sun Having already addressed the Raptors deficiency in toughness with the acquisition of Reggie Evans via a trade, Colangelo addressed his club’s other glaring weakness getting a guy who can create his own shot and has no qualms about going through people to get to the rim.Raptors head coach Jay Triano revealed the pick actually was made five weeks ago when Colangelo and Triano were in Oakland for one of those group workouts.
They watched DeRozan in an hour and 45 minute session that included a one-on-one work as well as various drills. At it’s conclusion, Colangelo asked Triano what he thought.
“I just told him: ‘I think this is our guy.’ And he told me: ‘I’m glad you said that because that’s exactly how I feel.’ And from that point on, he was at the top of our list.” Triano said.
Colangelo considers DeRozan a little more polished than Stoudamire was on his draft night seven years ago.
- NBA DRAFT: Six Pac-10 Players picked in first round – DeMar “glad” to be a Raptor
- Hoops Addict » Audio: Bryan Colangelo Press Conference
- Hoops Addict » Video: Triano Talks About DeRozan
- Armstrong: DeRozan a solid choice for the Raptors
- TheStar.com | Raptors select huge leaper in DeMar DeRozan
- NBA Draft: Holly MacKenzie Chats with DeMar DeRozan | Video | TheScore.com
- YouTube – DeRozan Post-Draft RHQ
- Raptors draft freshman DeRozan
- #9: DeMar DeRozan – Basketball News & NBA Rumors – HOOPSWORLD
- Raptors draft DeRozan – The Globe and Mail
- DeMar DeRozan is Toronto bound
- Where Will Hedo Turkoglu Call Home? — NBA FanHouse
- DraftExpress: NBA Draft Media Day Interview Transcripts (Part One) – DeMar loves Toronto. Shocking.
- Mock draft: Flynn factor – NBA – CBSSports.com Basketball
- Day As GM: What Each Team SHOULD Do in the NBA Draft (Pt.1: Picks 1-10) | Bleacher Report
- Raptors have their man? – The Globe and Mail
- Finding talent in draft will be tough for Raptors
- Courtside – Final mock draft plus a reminder I’ll be live blogging with instant analysis tonight
- Post’s NBA mock draft sees — surprise! — Griffin going first – Posted Sports
- The Basketball Jones – Draft Preview
- The Ball Don’t Lie/SB Nation 2009 NBA Mock Draft recap – Ball Don’t Lie
- Jones: Wave goodbye to Bosh? – Sportsnet.ca
- Doug Smith’s Toronto Raptors blog
- BULLS: Sam Smith’s mock draft: Narrowing down the field
- Toronto under pressure to make something happen – NBA – SI.com
- NBA Mock Draft: Final Version (8.0) | Raptors Rapture
- James Johnson projected as mid-first round pick
- Hoops Addict » Raptors Lose Out On Crawford
Tags: basketball, NBA, Raptors, raptors republic, toronto, toronto raptors