Linkage for Jul 14 8am through Jul 16 7am:
- PBN | DeRozan looking good As for Raptors first-round pick DeMar DeRozen … the 6-7 forward is looking good with averages of 16.3 points on 47 percent shooting through four games. He’s had two games of 20 points and another of 15, displaying a real know-how when it comes to getting to the basket and finding ways to put the ball in it once there.
- NBA stars in China CCTV-International Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Clippers’ Baron Davis and Jose Calderon from the Toronto Raptors went to Changsha, central China’s Hunan province. Davis gave some signed gloves to the fans, and was busy filming what he’d seen in China with a DV camera.The two stars also went to Hunan University to greet students. They watched China’s traditional lion dance, and put on the finish touches to the lions’ eyes, a Chinese custom meaning they are very important guests. They’ll next fly to Shanghai, the last stop of their Chinese tour.
- LEFTOVERS: DeRozan’s best move: USC exit – ReviewJournal.com It has been nothing but bad news for USC basketball lately. After DeRozan, Taj Gibson and Daniel Hackett announced intentions to turn pro, the Floyd scandal broke.It appears DeRozan’s one-and-done move was the right one, and he confirmed as much. “I don’t regret anything,” he said.
DeRozan, drafted ninth overall by the Toronto Raptors, has been one of the most impressive players in the summer league. He scored 20 points Wednesday and made the winning layup to lift the Raptors to a 74-73 victory over the Phoenix Suns at Cox Pavilion.
- Wonderday.ca – Raptors Off-Season – Review DeRozan had a sensible answer for NBA.com when asked what the players could do to entice Bosh to re-up.“We have to win. A player like Chris Bosh, all he wants to do is win.”
We go back to the question: how much have the Raptors improved? It’s a question with a subtext…will it be enough to entice Bosh?
I am beginning to think so. For one thing, the looming clouds in the economy and the first backslide in the salary cap in 24 years will put the brakes on what was expected to be a full-court press for talent in 2010. Dwyane Wade has signaled a return to Miami and the glut of talent beyond LeBron James (the list might include Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Richard Jefferson, Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Redd and Tyson Chandler) suddenly might have a dampening effect on the market.
- Summer League: Raptors vs. Suns – NBA Videos and Highlights
- Court Surfing – NBA Summer League, Game 4: Raptors 74, Suns 73
- NBA Day 6: Raptors forward Ibekwe leaves Cox on a stretcher – Sports: Upon Further Review – Las Vegas Sun
- Can The Toronto Raptors Become The Phoenix Suns of the East? | Bleacher Report
- A lot of free agents still on the NBA market – Los Angeles Times
- Suns blow late lead to drop 2nd Summer League contest – Bright Side Of The Sun
- Summer Suns Day 2: Suns fall to Raptors| Valley of the Suns
- DeMar DeRozan Ready for Toronto — NBA FanHouse
- 50 Thousand Reasons Not To Care « Raptors Report
- Courtside – Miami working hard to land Odom and Boozer; Bird, Pacers still undecided about matching Jack; Delfino wants too much money? Stars of summer league
- Raptors’ Ekene Ibekwe OK After Summer League Scare — NBA FanHouse
- NBA: There’s Plenty of free agents looking for teams | The Honolulu Advertiser
- NBA.com: Pacers unsure they will match Raptors’ offer sheet to Jack
- Raptors/Suns Boxscore
- Summer League game vs Phoenix – Video Link
- I Like Ike! « Vittorio De Zen’s Fast Break
- The Canadian Press: Raptors star Bosh wins Twitter bet with former teammate Villanueva
- Court Surfing – The Score
- YouTube – Chris Bosh – ESPN 1st Take Twitter 50k Winner
- RAPTORS: Holding Court At Summer League
- Grading NBA Free Agent Signings, Pt. 2 | Bleacher Report
- FAN590 – Bargnani On The Boards
- Chris Bosh totally re-signing in Toronto — unless, of course, he doesn’t – Posted Sports
- Raptors enquired about Ike Diogu | Sacramento Bee
- Vegas Summer League: Halfway Home Awards – TrueHoop By Henry Abbott – ESPN
- The Value of Jarrett Jack – Raptors HQ
- In Tough Economy, N.B.A. Prepares for Talks With Union – NYTimes.com
- Charlie Villanueva Loses to Chris Bosh in Twitter Competition – Motown String Music
- NBA free agents: The latest chatter on Allen Iverson, Lamar Odom – ESPN • Hedo Turkoglu’s five-year, $52.8 million contract with Toronto includes a trade kicker and the right to opt out and return to free agency in the summer of 2013.• Andrea Bargnani’s five-year extension in Toronto starting in 2010-11 is worth an even $50 million. The deal includes an early termination option to return to free agency in the summer of 2014 as well as a trade kicker and incentives.
- Anthony Parker – The FAN 590 Toronto the ex-Raptor chats on the Director’s Chair with Doug Farraway about his decision to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and reflects on his time in Toronto.
- The NBA Summer League “How the Hell is This Guy Still Playing?” Team | The Angry T William Henry “Smush” Parker played for eight teams between 2002-2008 including stints with powerhouses Aris Thessaloniki and the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. This summer, he’s playing with the Toronto Raptors Summer League team. To his credit, Smush is a tough guy. He once beat up a woman working valet over a $12 parking fee.
- Bryan Colangelo’s Summer Vacation « The Rap Report Well, if I were a guessing man, and I am, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see Bryan Colangelo re-approach Chris Bosh with a contract extension this summer. Particularly if BC is able to wiggle Jarrett Jack away from the Pacers (Chris Bosh’s best friend in the league).Given the economic climate and the league’s prediction that the cap will fall significantly in one years’ time, Chris Bosh will listen. He’d be foolish not to.
If Colaneglo is able to re-sign Chris Bosh you might as well award him Executive of the Year now, that and the keys to the city.
Catch that fish (all 6 foot 10 of it) and we can all sit back and relax. The Raptors would have a very solid core, locked in place for several years to come, surrounded by some very tradable assets.
- And now Raptors is rising… « New Leisure Blog
- Vegas: Douby’s Second Chance – HOOPSWORLD The Raptors have a better understanding of Douby’s skill set.”They definitely know I’m a pure scorer. I can shoot the ball. They also want me to also focus on distributing the ball, playing pressure defensive – focusing on that stuff,” said Quincy. “But also keep on working on my scoring ability and scooting, have the whole package.”
With Jose Calderon and presumably Jarrett Jack (should the Indiana Pacers pass on their restricted free agent), Douby may finally have the opportunity to play to his strength as an undersized two-guard.
- The B/R Interview With Charlie Villanueva: The Tweet Off vs Chris Bosh | Bleacher Report
- Even Bosh probably out of Dallas Mavericks’ reach | Dallas Morning News
- RaptorBlog.com Rise, Fall and Rebirth
- ATS Summer League Microscope – DeMar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors – Pounding The Rock
- Dear Bryan Colangelo: Glen Davis Should Be a Raptor : T.O. Sports
- A Raptors Summer – Part 2 | Searching For ’93
- Pete Marasmitch » Raptors depth chart
- Hedo to be a disappointment in Toronto? – NBA – SI.com
- CBCSports.ca – Colangelo pulls a rabbit out of his hat
- Foot on the Line: Ugly Boys Raptors?
- Dino Nation Blog: Summer Dog Day Thoughts.
- khandor’s sports blog » When three birds of a different feather flock together, it’s a poor omen for the Raptors
- Raptors Outlast Blazers for First Vegas Win – Raptors HQ
- What is Hedo Turkoglu Going To Do For the Toronto Raptors? | Vlad TV
- Court Surfing – The Score DeRozan finished with 15 points and six rebounds, but connected on just three of his six free throw attempts. It was a good game for him as he continued to look more and more comfortable asking for the ball. A nice surprise is his ballhandling. The guy has a nice handle and when he’s in the open court he is dangerous.