Linkage for Jul 20 11am through Jul 21 9pm:
- Jarrett Jack Press Conference Pt. 2 – July 21, 2009 – NBA Videos and Highlights
- Jarrett Jack Press Conference Pt. 4 – July 21, 2009 – NBA Videos and Highlights
- Jarrett Jack Press Conference Pt. 1 – July 21, 2009 – NBA Videos and Highlights
- Jarrett Jack Press Conference Pt. 3 – July 21, 2009 – NBA Videos and Highlights
- Toronto Raptors officially introduce newly acquired guard Jarrett Jack – Yahoo! Canada News
- Antonio Davis’ AAU team comes with sport pedigrees | The Indianapolis Star
- Dino Nation Blog: T-Dot Is Now "New" Jack City
- Diagram of NBA Offseason Moves
- RaptorBlog.com We’ve got the Jack, so what’s next?
- Jay Triano – The FAN 590 Toronto – Audio on Demand
- Jarrett Jack – The FAN 590 Toronto – Audio on Demand
- Bryan Colangelo – The FAN 590 Toronto – Audio on Demand
- Triano takes act south – The Globe and Mail
- Doug Smith – Jack and Bosh are back together again
- Court Surfing – Raptors Introduce Jarrett Jack
- Bosh not giving clues about 2010 | WFAA.com
- The Canadian Press: Toronto Raptors officially introduce newly acquired guard Jarrett Jack
- Create-a-caption: ‘Anyone know where Kensington Market is?’ – Yahoo! Sports
- FAN590 – Jack And Jay
- T.Jose Caldesports: You’re starting to know Jack
- The Indiana Pacers, the Toronto Raptors, Earl Watson, and Jarrett Jack
- Ranking the NBA’s nine best unrestricted free agents – Ball Don’t Lie
- IC Cold Links: Wrapping Up Jack’s Departure, O’Brien Up To Speed – Indy Cornrows
- Summer 2009 NBA Power Rankings | The Hoop Doctors
- Looking at the Free-Agent Big Men – Raptors HQ Although Evans adds a toughness and rebounding prowess the make-up of the front court is still worrisome. This teams ability to rebound the ball still causes me grave concern (Hedo doesn't rebound nearly as well as one would hope), the Raps don't have a true shot blocker and frankly neither Bosh, Bargnani nor Evans are a defensive force.
With a limited amount of cash left to spend (bi-annual and veterans min) it's a tall order…in particular when guys like Chris Wilcox and Joel Anthony are quickly being taken off the market. I do feel like the reward of signing a player of Jack's caliber was worth the wait, even if it meant less choice when it comes to serviceable bigs, but there is not much left to choose from.
So who's left?
- Out Of The Shell: NBA’s 09-10 Starting Line-Up Of Breakout Players | Bleacher Report He averaged 15 points a game last season, scoring five more than he did the previous season. Look for him to average around 15-19 points this season. Him and Chris Bosh will become one of the better, yet softer front courts in the league.
This will be the season where all the years of waiting pays off and Bargnani takes off the bust label as some see him as.
I'm not sure that Bargnani can live up the expectations of a number one pick, but he will show that he can be at least a borderline All-Star.
- Jack Goes To Toronto « nbaroundtable Description of Jarrett’s game — Jack of all trades, master of none — Jarrett Jack is mediocre or slightly below average pretty much across the board, which does make him a decent all-round player … but he has very few high level skills.
Jarrett Jack is a poor defender at the point guard position, he lacks the lateral quickness to stay with opposing point guards and gets burnt repeatedly on the defensive end. At the two guard, he’s decent, but undersized and not all that talented defensively to begin with. Jack is also a mediocre rebounder for a point and a poor one at the two.
- Raptors about to get Jack – The Globe and Mail I didn’t see any of Demar DeRozan’s games at the Raptors now concluded NBA Summer League, but looking at his line the one thing I liked was that he took it upon himself to take just five three-pointers. It’s not in his arsenal right now, which isn’t to say it won’t be at some point in his career, but I like the fact that he was able to find ways to get up 15 shots a game without taking threes that the opposition was likely daring him to shoot. That suggests he was running the lanes and working hard in the half-court to find his shots. He converted 49.3 per cent of them which implies a mid-range game with promise. In fact, if you take away the five threes (he made one) he shot better than 50 per cent for the week. If you are going to be the fifth option, on the court to run wide on the break and slash into space on the half-court, that’s the kind of efficiency that will keep you on the floor.
- Jack heading to Toronto – The Globe and Mail The Toronto Raptors have added their latest puzzle piece. The Indiana Pacers confirmed yesterday that they would not match the Raptors’ four-year, $20-million (all currency U.S.) contract offer for Jarrett Jack. That clears the restricted free agent to sign with Toronto. He’s expected to appear at a press conference at the Air Canada Centre today.
Jack is expected to solidify the point guard spot behind Jose Calderon, which was a weak spot when Calderon was injured for large parts of last season and a reason why the Raptors finished 33-49 and out of the playoffs for the first time in two seasons.
- Bosh, Jack reunited | Toronto Sun During his four-year NBA career that includes stops in Portland and Indiana, the 6-foot-3 Jack has been durable.
He's considered a high-character individual whose best days clearly are ahead of him.
Jack supplanted ex-Raptor T.J. Ford as Indiana's starting point guard and is more than capable of sliding over at shooting guard.
He'll attack the rim and provide just enough defence that won't get Jack exposed on the perimeter.
Jack addresses needs much like Turkoglu (point forward) and first-round draft pick DeMar DeRozan (athleticism) filled when the Raptors first began to re-do their roster.
- Raptor Report – School’s out for the Summer « Heels on Hardwood
- Raptors get guard Jarrett Jack
- Pacers Won’t Match Toronto’s Offer of Jarrett Jack – Pacers Pulse
- T.Jose Caldesports: You Don’t Know Jack…
- Dino Nation Blog: Reunited and It Feels So Good?
- RaptorBlog.com DeMar DeRozan: Not Ready For Primetime
- Court Surfing – Calderon and Bargnani May Hold Key to Raptors Future
- The Associated Press: Pacers release G Jack
- Numbers Game: Raptors Get Jack
- DeMar DeRozan Goes Air Canada on Joe Alexander
- Colangelo Puts Onus on Bosh in Toronto — NBA FanHouse
- Welcome to the Raptors: Jarrett Jack. | FanSided.com
- Chaun’s Raptors and NBA blog: Well Helloooo, Jarrett!
- Jarrett Jack says Pacers won’t match Raptors – Posted Sports
- Foot on the Line: Welcome Jarrett
- Armstrong: Lots of activity from Raptors this off-season
- DeMar DeRozan Blog: Picking up My First Car
Tags: basketball, NBA, Raptors, raptors republic, toronto, toronto raptors