Chris Denker of Net Scouts Basketball and I talk about the draft.
- A complete breakdown of Vesely, who many think is the top European player on the Raptors big board. Can he play the 3 at the NBA or does he need to be a 4? Is he a project who is a few years away or can he contribute now? Do the Raptors need a “Finesse Four”?
- We talk about Valanciunas vs. Kanter – who does Cleveland like at #4, and more importantly, who is a better fit for the Raptors?
- Two inside scoops concerning Kanter’s age and Valanciunas’ buyout (why is he rising so fast in the charts despite having an apparently big buyout?)
- The Jorge Garbajosa of this year’s draft.
- The Benetton Treviso connection.
- The Adidas Eurocamp and the performance of Bismack Biyombo is scrutinized, why is he falling and where should he realistically be picked?
- Has Valanciunas hurt the draft stock of other players?
- Chris weighs in on the ever-going Kemba Walker vs. Brandon Knight debate.
- On the Raptors options if they trade down, or acquire a second first-round pick.
- Why the Raptors need to draft a big, and not a point guard.
Here’s the RR Big Board 2.0.
You can follow Chris Denker on Twitter.
Don’t forget, the RR Draft party is on Thursday, June 23rd at 6:30PM at St. Louis Bar & Grill at Yonge/Wellesley. Sure to be a good time, see you there!
- Could Ed Davis Be Our Tyson Chandler?
- Dwane Casey Interviewed, Announcement Imminent?