The trade deadline has passed and to help break down the Raptors activity (of lack of), we have Adam Francis, publisher of Raptors HQ (@raptorshq) on the Rapcast. Adam provides his take on a vast array of topics all close to heart and mind, as we try to make sense of the proceedings in Raptorland.
It’s a pretty good podcast if I say so myself. Topics include:
- Colangelo’s inability to trade Bargnani – surprising that nobody bit?
- The wisdom of not trading Bargnani right now – his trade value is zero and can only get better (right?)
- Inactivity of the Raptors and the activity of Boston and Milwaukee – is the aim still the playoffs or is that a running joke?
- Sebastian Telfair – do we care about giving up a second-rounder? Was the insurance at the PG needed?
- Reminiscing about second-rounders, hey, it’s fun!
- Thoughts on Rudy Gay’s performance against Memphis
- Rudy Gay trade in context of the greater direction of the franchise – cap implications, amnesty clauses and more
- The players that MUST improve for anything to work, especially now that we’re restricted in terms of moves due to salary
- Redundancy at the wings – DeRozan, Gay, Ross, Anderson. Yes, we talk about the Ross/Anderson playing time thing
- Holding Dwane Casey to a higher standard – it’s beyond just getting the effort now, time to deliver on the clipboard
- Prediction regarding JJ Redick and the Raptors
- Colangelo walks into the boardroom in two weeks and pitches Rudy Gay and the current roster. What does the board say about his option/extension?
- Judging Colangelo’s body of work.
- Look ahead to games against New York, Washington, and Cleveland (Irving’s on fire)
- Morning Coffee: February 22nd Edition
- Kleiza’s Season & Future In Doubt