- Getting into basketball in the mid-90s and about the temptation of watching games other than the Raptors (Judas!)
- Tas wasn’t hugely excited about the Rudy Gay trade but now that we’ve seen a version of “Good Rudy” (oh, those game winners) and some “Bad Rudy” (eFG%, TS%, FG%, LMNOP%), has he warmed up to the trade?
- The Raptors being locked in to the current crop of players for the next two years – that’s your good ‘ol “window of contention” so you best contend
- Which of the current crop is the franchise relying on most to improve and become something special: Valanciunas, Ross, DeRozan, Lowry – the answer will surprise you
- As we do every week, the Colangelo extension question is asked and as always, we hope for a different answer
- Would trading Bargnani really mean a “turning of the page” for the franchise? What about Colangelo leaving? Is there even such a thing as turning the page?
- Dwane Casey gets called on for his 4-Guard-Bargnani lineup, his substitutions, and refusing to play the hot hand
- The problem with Bargnani coming off the bench and how handing him the “car to the keys” has backfired
- Look at the poll on the site. What’s Colangelo planning to do in the summer? Does he even have a choice given the contracts he’s handed out?
- Predictions for Indiana, Milwaukee and Golden State
Thanks to Tas for coming on and while I have you here, here’s something that caught my eye against Cleveland. There I am watching the fourth quarter thinking the Raptors might be gearing up to make a run and this play happens and ends my hopes. Usually I’d do a frame-by-frame breakdown of what went wrong here, but I think the video speaks for itself. In case you need a hint, everyone but DeRozan is a culprit here. What I’m trying to get at is that a team that’s trying to fight for a playoff spot against a poor and short-handed club on the road should never display a drop in concentration and communication such as this. Please also note everyone’s body language after the basket.
This is also the point where Dwane Casey finally decided to call a timeout, i.e., after a 13-0 run (quarter break in between).Follow @raptorsrepublic