Bulls dominate from start to finish. Read on to find out which Raptors player DIDN’T get an F.
|Amir Johnson, PF 21 MIN | 1-3 FG | 1-2 FT | 4 REB | 1 AST | 2 STL | 3 BLK | 4 TO | 3 PTS | -19Almost useless. Didn’t bring his usual overdose of energy. Non-factor on the offensive end, allowed Boozer/Noah/Gibson to have their way on offense.|
|Rudy Gay, SF 32 MIN | 7-15 FG | 5-6 FT | 9 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 1 BLK | 4 TO | 20 PTS | -14Don’t let the scoreline deceive you. He poured in some really meaningless baskets at the end of the game when it was well out of reach. Struggled to hold on to the ball, was lazy on defense, inflated his rebounding numbers by grabbing some uncontested boards.|
|Jonas Valanciunas, C 28 MIN | 2-5 FG | 0-0 FT | 8 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 2 TO | 4 PTS | -11Aside from a nice dunk during the third, Jonas had a horrible game. He was outmatched by the Bulls frontline and didn’t really assert himself on either end of the floor.|
|Kyle Lowry, PG 38 MIN | 3-15 FG | 0-0 FT | 3 REB | 8 AST | 3 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 6 PTS | -10Tried playing heroball, especially in the third, but it really didn’t work. Played solid defense, inflated his assist total by handing the ball to Demar. Not his greatest game, but considering how terrible his teammates were, he looked alright.|
|DeMar DeRozan, SG 37 MIN | 13-22 FG | 7-10 FT | 1 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 3 TO | 37 PTS | -12Went off for 28 points in the second half. The game was well out of hand when he started getting it going, but he at least gave fans something to cheer for. Too bad this torrid performance came in a blowout. Didn’t do much on defense. Every screen took Demar completely out of the picture. Matched his career high with 37 and could have topped it had Casey not subbed him out for no reason.|
|Tyler Hansbrough, PF 20 MIN | 1-4 FG | 4-4 FT | 5 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 6 PTS | -4I say this every time. Energy, grabbed boards, played semi-decent defense. He’s going to net the Raptors a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline. #FreeHansbrough.|
|Landry Fields, SF 6 MIN | 0-2 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 1 AST | 2 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PTS | +4Benched for the entirety of the first half for some reason. Came in and played in the second half and alertly jumped passing lanes to grab two steals. No idea why Casey didn’t play him more. #FreeFields|
|Quincy Acy, SF 19 MIN | 2-6 FG | 0-0 FT | 6 REB | 2 AST | 1 STL | 1 BLK | 0 TO | 4 PTS | -2See Hansbrough. #FreeAcy|
|Steve Novak, SF 5 MIN | 0-1 FG | 0-0 FT | 0 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PTS | -4Played all of his minutes with an all-bench unit. No plays were ran for him so he was mostly useless.|
|Dwight Buycks, PG 18 MIN | 0-5 FG | 0-0 FT | 2 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 0 PTS | -1He might actually be worse than DJ Augustin. He picks up his dribble at the weirdest of times and his shot selection is very questionable, but I can’t really evaluate his performance in tonight’s game. I’m sure his head is heavy with the recent passing of his father.|
|Terrence Ross, SG 16 MIN | 0-4 FG | 0-0 FT | 4 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 1 BLK | 1 TO | 0 PTS | -10First man off the bench, but he didn’t do very much. Played with an all-bench unit in the second quarter and failed to get anything going versus the Bulls defense.|
Okay, I get that the starters were crapping the bed, and I even get that you want to try something out in an inevitable loss, but NEVER, EVER put in a lineup of Buycks-Ross-Novak-Hansbrough-Acy. NEVER. Also, why did you take Demar out with 1:30 left in the game? He could have beaten his career high of 37 points had you not subbed him out. Give the man some love – what do you have to lose? Can’t be good for morale (picture above shows how surly Demar was after being subbed out).
Five Things We Saw
- The Bulls defense was simply collapsing whenever the Raptors attacked the paint/post, and they were more than willing to concede long jumpers to the Raptors, so naturally the Raptors took all of the long jumpers in the first quarter. This shot chart isn’t pretty.
- Speaking of shot charts, this one is even worse. Actually, how is that even possible?
- (Captain) Kirk Hinrich played a great game tonight. Filled in admirably for Rose. Remember when the Raptors had a capable back-up point guards? Actually, remember when the Raptors ONLY had capable back-up point guards (Jack, Bayless, Calderon-ish, Ford)? Yeah, I miss that.
- No Mike James sighting tonight. C’mon Thibs! Your Bulls were blowing out the Raps, give the man some playing time. Light twitter ablaze with Dave Chappelle jokes!
- Thoughts and wishes go out to Dwight Buycks and his family for the passing of Dwight Buycks Sr.
- Gameday: Bulls @ Raptors, Nov. 15
- Quite Possibly the Worst Shot Chart You’ll Ever See