This week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve, I have called in the boys from the world wide roundtable to talk ball and we have a discussion about all the action in NBA and NCAA while continually tying it back to the Raptors! Joined by my brother Mike (who knows college basketball) and Greg Mason (the brain from the south) we discuss:
- The news that D. Rose is out for the season and what that means for the Raptors as players in the East and maybe even as trade partners for the Bulls.
- A boss week for the Raptors who now sit at 6-7 and at the top of the division
- Why we MUST get our hopes up!
- Can the Raptors win the Atlantic?
- Can the Raptors be flat-track bullies?
- Who is this John Wall guy? And better yet, who predicted he was a great buy-low candidate last spring?
- Is DeRozan finally becoming the player the Raps thought they were drafting in the top 10? (he was a scoring machine back in high school) And is he the team’s top player?
- The week ahead Brooklyn, Miami, Denver
- The Grantland article on whether high volume low efficiency guys ever change and if so, how does that happen? And how does that connect to the Raptors?
- The player tracking data system for any of the listeners who aren’t familiar. It’s a lot of fun: