Reading and talking about the Raptors is great, but nothing beats playing some BALL! To scratch the itch of basketball in the winter, Raptors Republic is hosting its inaugural 3-on-3 basketball tournament this winter, February 15th at 9:30am to be exact, at Crescent School in Toronto, Ontario, a fantastic facility in the heart of Toronto.
Sixteen teams will be participating in the tournament and you are invited to register your team now!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Up to four players (minimum of three) can register per team (3 starters + 1 substitute). If you are an individual player looking to join a team, just fill out this form and we’ll set you up.
- The cost is $100 per team
- Every participant receives a Raptors Republic Reversible Mesh Basketball Jersey
- Every team is guaranteed to play four games, and is guaranteed entry into the elimination round
- Every team is guaranteed to have a blast, meet other Raptors fans, make some good connections, and get some exercise
- The skill-level we’re getting so far is in the normal distribution. We will have group seeding which will ensure that groups are competitive. Remember this is 3-on-3 so you’re not going full-court (in case you were wondering about stamina
How do you register and reserve a spot for your team?
There are two ways of registering:
- Use Interac Money Transfer (password = raptors) to send $100 to [email protected] – make sure to include your email address
- Pay via Credit Card – there is a small service charge to this which has nothing to do with RR
That’s it! Once we have the 16 teams registered we’ll take care of the details like shirt sizing, etc.
Thanks to Pizza Pizza for providing all participants with pizza, and prizes for the winners.
Raptors Republic does not make any profit from this event. All fees go to covering rental and administrative costs. We hope to cover jersey costs through sponsorship and if you’re the generous kind and want to help, email me at [email protected].
- Inside the Toronto Raptors Thanksgiving dinner party
- Morning Coffee: November 29th Edition