It’s a solo effort this week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve podcast. I look back at the last 7 days where the Raptors went 2-1 and explore a little bit of life after Rudy Gay. As always, I dig deeper into the season that still has optimism and potential even after a hugely disappointing loss at home to Charlotte on the eve of a Western Conference Road trip that will take the team to Dallas, OKC, and San Antonio.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Why the Raptors are not a flat track bully and why that’s the difference between them making the playoffs or falling back into obscurity?
- What’s the deal with this 2 point guard rotation? Are Greivis Vasquez and Kyle Lowry a long-term solution or a short-term play?
- Kyle Lowry is currently the best player on the Raptors – what to make of the trade winds?
- Does Jonas still play for the Raptors? Can’t tell anymore
- What is Casey thinking in his lineups?
- Losing = bad habits = bad play = losing AND that’s why you don’t tank!
As the year end approaches, a big thank you to my brother Mike (who knows college basketball), Greg Mason (the brain from the south) and Blair Miller from The Fifth Quarter Blog. The worldwide roundtable returns in the New Year as we start looking ahead to the trade deadline and the cards that Masai Ujiri has in his hands.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy and safe holiday season.
Follow: @therealphdsteveFollow @raptorsrepublic