This week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve, I have called in the boys from the world wide roundtable to talk ball and we have a discussion about all the action in NBA and NCAA while continually tying it back to the Raptors! Although we are missing Greg Mason (the brain from the south), I’m still joined by my brother Mike (who knows college basketball), and Blair Miller from The Fifth Quarter Blog as we discuss:
- The latest trade by the Celtics and why this means Rondo is or is not more available.
- Should the Raptors trade up to get into this draft if they keep winning?
- What’s the cost of trading up in a draft as hyped as the 2014 class?
- The NFL Draft and NBA Draft similarities and differences
- “One and Dones”
- The new #1 prospect on the ESPN big board from Kansas and it’s not #tankforwiggins
- Franchise QBs and transformative talents
- The Raptors as flat track bullies- taking out the trash!
- The difference a bench makes
- The improvement on D is the biggest change in the Raps post Rudy Gay
- · How the Raptors will annihilate the Celtics and continue on their win streak as they roll towards the top of the conference
- The next 7 days and 4 games for the Raps
- What’s up with Kevin Love calling out his teammates?
- Is Drake the real all star on the Raps
- The Raptors Re-brand going black and gold?
Just remember we record this pod on Wednesday afternoons- so ignore all the “we are going to beat the Celtics talk.”
- When You Lose, Don’t Lose The Lesson
- What If We Don’t Retain Lowry This Summer?