It’s the wee hours of the morning and somewhere Dwayne Casey is watching tape of the Brooklyn Nets. Likewise, the lads from the World Wide Round Table gathered under the moonlight to preview the Raptors playoff series with Brooklyn for this week’s The Doctor is In with Phdsteve.
Joined by Blair Miller from The Fifth Quarter Blog and Zarar (filling in for my brother Mike) we discuss the 2013-14 Raptors as a remake of the Bad Boy Pistons before launching into a an all-out overview of every imaginable angle to what Raptors and Nets fans can expect from this series. Just some of the questions we explore are:
- Who wins game 1? And does winning game 1 even matter?
- What about scheduling? Do the extra days off help or hurt?
- How much does having experience factor into winning this series?
- Should Raptors Republic get sued for making T-shirts?
- What about defence? Who has the upper hand defencively?
- Should the Raptors try and play small ball to adjust to the Nets?
- Which team has the advantage when it comes to: benches, coaches, reputation?
- Young legs- myth or reality?
- The refs, getting the calls, and conspiracy theories.
- And so much more!!!!!
Be sure to stick around after the outro for a fun filled 2 mins where the talk continues “off the record.”
Note: there is some language in this podcast if you are listening with Grandma or the kids.
- Morning Coffee – Fri, Apr 18
- Eating Ice Cream with the Enemy