According to a tweet (that’s how we do things now), Kyle Lowry will participate in the skills competition:
Chicago’s Jimmy Butler and Toronto’s Kyle Lowry will participate in the All-Stars Skills Challenge in New York, league sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 5, 2015
What this basically means is that he’ll be trying to throw an unobstructed bounce pass through a large spherical object, make a short jumper, dribble around some pylons, and to prove the ultimate skill, make a layup.
Here are seven ways things could be made a helluva lot more interesting in the skills competition:
- Blindfold the players
- Have one foot in a wooden bucket
- Turn off the lights in the arena
- Not have the skills competition
- Play HORSE
- Pick skills competition spots from non All-Stars, winner gets to play in the All-Star game
- Have Katy Perry participate