Conversation Between LBF and Buddahfan

2 Visitor Messages

1. all i'm saying is people are stupid they put down their comments and they are opinions based on what they fel, which is stupid but hey what are you gonna do?

they read your intelectuall comment or they actually scan through it going "blah, blah, blah, you are just a whiner".

i just think that you should try to beat them at their own game. bash there favourtie player. as far as amir goes i don't diagree with anything either of you said. I don't know where i'm going with this anymore.

so, i'll just stop now.

peace
  2. calm down there. you get so uptight about anybody who picks on amir. hahaha

you know you arent going to change their minds.
    =====================

One should never give up supporting an idea or someone who they believe in regardless of what others say. To sit silently by is to accept the criticism as truth. It is not about changing someones mind. It is about defending a position on an idea that you believe that you are correct on and the other person is wrong on.

I actually do not comment on a lot of criticism of his game or any player I support. I only criticize those comments that I choose to. Those are comments that appear to me to use untruthful facts or trolling and/or bashing without any substance especially when the facts argue against their opinion. This holds true for whatever idea, value or person I support regardless of their vocation.

How can one determine the truthful from the not so truthful facts? Not so easy and often this becomes the subject of great debate on many ideas and people.

Bring the true criticism supported by truthful facts and not just unsubstantiated opinions and I will gladly concur though I may occasionally argue the point if I feel that while the facts may be true the facts as applied to the argument tend not to prove the point.

That is all there is too it.

Yes I get uptight about what I perceive are BS unsubstantiated comments and opinions about anything that I am involved with be it sports, politics or hi-tech.

For example let us say that a hi-tech writer comes out and says that open source software is trash. I will argue on that comment until they substantiate their statement with facts. However if they say that IE9 will be better product than a number of open source browsers I will ask them for support of their statement, even though I agree with it. Why ask if you agree? To possibly learn something based upon facts and truth and not just sheet at the wall opinion.

Everyone of course is entitled to there opinion. However as I stated if you sit silently by when you hear or read their opinion but disagree it is tantamount to passive acceptance. This trait is not consistent with my personality type.

Up tight no not unless you consider Data, Spock, S Holmes and Sgt Friday uptight, which a lot of people do.

I can live with that.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2