Conversation Between Tim W. and JoePanini

11 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. I realized that Multipaul reminds me of a religious zealot, and I'm a sucker for getting into a discussion with one of them. I LOVE when Jehovah's Witnesses come by, but unfortunately I think I'm on a list because they don't, anymore. What's great is that I'm extremely polite, while completely shooting down any argument they have. It helps that my wife was a Comparative Religion major, I'm well versed (no pun intended) in all the holes in religious arguments.

As for Bargnani, I'm actually surprised at how many of his fans have flocked away from him. It might explain why COlangelo now is apparently open to trading him.
  2. I'm surprised as well Tim. I honestly though Bargnani could become an all-star one day, and lead this Raptor team. I was wrong. Well there's nothing you can really say anymore, there aren't anymore excuses. He doesn't even have flashes of effort which he did have in the past. He isn't playing like he wants to be in the NBA, it's like a shoot-around for him. Yeah, I guess it could be that. I'm personally really frustrated with watching him play nowadays, and I'm very disappointed being a huge Bargnani fan.
  3. I gotta say, I was a little surprised by your last comment on that thread. It seems all the reasonable Bargnani fans are starting to turn. Of course, that very well might have more to do with Multipaul than Bargnani. Who knows. It's kind of like if you're a reasonable conservative, in the US (I assume there are some), being driven to the left by guys like Glen Beck. I guess that makes Multipaul the Glen Beck of Raptors fans!
  4. It's getting quite annoying, and making defending Bargnani for anyone nearly impossible. It's ironic, how he defends Bargnani and bashes most other players, trying to prove Bargnani is a good/great player when he just keeps making Bargnani and this 'case' worse. Anyways, right now. I'd trade Bargnani for any high lotto pick, so that we can pick a Kanter and hopefully Irving or Barnes.
  5. I really don't know. It's like a sickness. Or maybe it's like the mob. "Just when I though I was out, they pull me back in."
  6. Tim, why do you bother? I've stopped having lengthy discussions because there is no point.
  7. Yeah, I still stick around though. Still a few good contributors. Even Buddha has started to become a little biased I must say. He even started insulting Matt52. But we all know he's on here mostly because of Amir. But reading the debates you've been having is enjoyable, funny to see you shut them up till they resort to just insulting you or something...

I hope he does start playing again, very sad for a fan to see his favorite player play so badly... I still think he needs to be kept, as a sixth man as soon as we get a proper center. Man, Chandler would have been gold. Thinking about how that trade collapsed just makes me sad, oh well.
  8. I don't think I can stay much longer. Guys like Raptor4Ever, and many others, make things unbearable here. People seem to have completetly lost the ability to debate intelligently and without resorting to insults. I have to say I'm always shocked when those guys don't turn out to be teenagers. At least then it would be understandable.

And, ya, Bargnani's playing like crap, but I have little doubt he'll start playing well again, soon. On offense, anyway. I'm just sorry it took this recent stretch for everyone else to see what I've been seeing all this time.
  9. I've been trying not to go on too much, or get into discussions... But yeah, this forum has changed drastically from when I first joined. Initially, I'd get loads of feedback from people, learn loads and see different perspectives. And discussing was so much fun, now I'm finding it hard to discuss with anyone.

Anyways, Bargnani has been really poor lately. Worse than any other stretch as a Raptor. No effort, no energy, no skill, no nothing. He needs to do something, and do it quick. His game was still bearable earlier in the year, even without rebounding and defense, he still scored well and played with a lot of effort (at least for a couple quarters) but now, the way he's playing is inexcusable.. We desperately need to find a good starting center, someone like Perkins but I doubt he'd leave Boston for Toronto. Gasol would be great as well, or Jordan, but Jordan would probably want a huge contract I'm not sure he deserves...
    Imagine we still had Peja, we could do trades with teams like OKC, Minnesota, Sacramento, Detroit and get picks. In a draft where, apart from Irving, anyone could get picked in the 3-14 range, having a number of picks could be incredible. Best case scenario would be to draft Irving 1/2/3 and then with a midrange pick get Kanter or Keith Benson... Another guy we could get late would be Singler, I like him too.

See you on the board Tim.
  10. As I said to Doc, I'm here for a good time. Not a long time. I can imagine the discussions that have been going on, and they STILL seem to be going on.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast