Nash highlights Canadian hero Fox with new documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash highlights Canadian hero Fox with new documentary

Steve Nash's film 'Into the Wind', about Canadian cancer activist Terry Fox, will premiere in the U.S. on Sept. 28.
    Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Nash highlights Canadian hero Fox with new documentary

Posted Sep 13 2010 6:23AM

Back in 1980, Steve Nash had no way of knowing he would one day be a world-renowned athlete. He was just an impressionable youngster growing up in a sports-infused family on Vancouver Island in British Columbia.

His parents, John and Jean, were his first sporting role models. But 30 years ago, Steve discovered a new hero ... along with the rest of Canada.

"I remember being six and waking up every morning that summer to see where Terry was," he said. "It captivated a country."

Terry Fox did so by attempting to run the length of the country on one leg, hoping to raise awareness and money for cancer research. Dubbed the "Marathon of Hope," the 21-year-old from Vancouver completed two-thirds of the inspiring journey before a reoccurrence of the disease ended his quest.

Fox is the subject of Nash's first foray into documentary filmmaking. Nash and his cousin/production partner Ezra Holland premiered Into the Wind at the prestigious Toronto Film Festival on Sunday night. The hour-long biopic is part of the ESPN "30 for 30" series and debuts on the network Sept. 28

cont here
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That was on TV yesterday I think. I only saw a bit of it, but it was good.

One of the ESPN '30 for 30' documentary series. Great bunch of movies. I think TSN shows them pretty often.

Comment

Working...
    X