Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Leiweke Apologizes to Colangelo

Tim Leiweke Apologizes to Former Raptor GM

When MLSE hired Tim Leiweke, I was pretty much indifferent about the hiring. Sort of .... meh .... Nothing to see here".

Then when he tossed BC around at one of his first press conferences, I began to worry if we now had BC - Part deux. Did the Raptors simply exchange one Salesman for another.

Tim Luigi left me with the impression that his goal was to bring Raptors into the play-offs (and pretty much nothing else). While that goal is a preference I have for this current addition, I started to worry that TL's fingerprints would be all over this Road map, even though Masai is supposed to be in charge.

But ... with this recent statement, I find those fears a little less worrisome. Hopefully Timmy will keep to these statements and let MU chart our course, whether that be play-offs, or something else that morphs into play.

I dont know why Doug Smith thinks so highly of himself and that what he says "means" something within the Raptors Realm.

"I’m more than willing to accept that as an explanation and a bit of an apology too; ". So he thinks TL needs to apologize to BC because he feels what TL did to BC was "disrespectful" and a "mistake"??

It's funny how he talks like this in his columns but in a sea of reporters when covering the Raps he does nothing to stand out and get his opinion noticed by the management and players.

Comment

I have no opinion on this..like at all
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The best part of that article is the comment section... and here I thought RR posters were sometimes harsh in their assessment of Doug Smith! lol

The only mistake TL made is not just firing BC immediately. Instead, he kept him around in a different capacity, to take advantage of the positives that BC had been doing (ie: building basketball in Canada, leading charge for all-star game in Toronto, etc...), while saving face for BC. Ironically, I think keeping BC on instead of just firing him spoke more to the "Canadian Sensibility" that DS alluded to, but obviously that irony is lost on him (or simply ignored).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          The best part of that article is the comment section... and here I thought RR posters were sometimes harsh in their assessment of Doug Smith! lol

The only mistake TL made is not just firing BC immediately. Instead, he kept him around in a different capacity, to take advantage of the positives that BC had been doing (ie: building basketball in Canada, leading charge for all-star game in Toronto, etc...), while saving face for BC. Ironically, I think keeping BC on instead of just firing him spoke more to the "Canadian Sensibility" that DS alluded to, but obviously that irony is lost on him (or simply ignored).
          ouch. i actually did not notice the comments section, coz it might seem im just echoing what theyve already said.

funny thing tho is dont they approve the comment first before they get posted??

Comment

I've never been a supporter or detracter or Doug Smith... I just never really cared what he had to say ... but this has sort of 'done it' for me.

He just likes to hear his voice ... (or read his voice..)

And Doug: Its the LEAFS not the LEAVES.

Comment

Hopefully, Doug will be rewarded for his loyalty to BC by getting a job in the PR department of whatever team hires BC next.

Yet another example of why the dinosaur media is fading from existence and why people now realize the sports "media" is a joke.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I've never been a supporter or detracter or Doug Smith... I just never really cared what he had to say ... but this has sort of 'done it' for me.

He just likes to hear his voice ... (or read his voice..)

And Doug: Its the LEAFS not the LEAVES.
                Lol, Smitty intentionally spells the team name wrong, because the team intentionally spells the real word wrong.

Comment

*SOB* Life isn't fair *SOB*

For the love of God, would they trade Doug Smith to the Kleenex Company for a couple truck loads of tissues to wipe up all the tears and lets be done with it?

Doug Smith has become one of those stereotypical teen angst male characters from so many of those PG13 family movies we all watched as kids.

I expect him to say "You'll never be my father" and storm out the room any day now.

Comment

lol, if you don't like him, and are going to get bent out of shape reading his perspective on the team, don't read him.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      lol, if you don't like him, and are going to get bent out of shape reading his perspective on the team, don't read him.
                      I don't.
                      Until, of course, I've been prodded to by perturbed posters on the Forum! Haha

Comment

holy shit i cant believe he actually put LEAVES

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                          holy shit i cant believe he actually put LEAVES
                          lol, he does it on purpose. It's not a type-o

Comment

I kind of rolled my eyes through the article until i read this gem:

It was good to hear him admit that he came on too strongly, it was hugely important to me to hear him be conciliatory toward Bryan, who did the very best he could in seven years and deserved better on the way out.
                            Nothing screams delusion than that sentence right there. What an absolute tool. Did BC buy him a cottage or something?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sorry Bud, but the irony involved with you, calling Doug Smith delusional is hilarious to me. He did deserve better, if only in the professional manner he should be treated.

Too many people know too little about the business of sport, then they crab and cry, toss insults and play the armchair game. Its not cool. Colangelo, like him or hate him, worked hard, did it his way, and left gracefully. The Franchise, true to form, cocked that exit up worse than one could imagine, and Toronto looked brutal, as per usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X