Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Fantasy Football Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Team Managers
    • Apollo
    • Doc Naismith
    • Mangokid
    • MackNorth
    • A00715890
    • iggyiggyigoudala
    • RaptorsFan4Life
    • Dark Knight

Draft Settings
    - Live
    - Random starting order
    - Draft order flip flops round-to-round (ie: team picking first in round one picks last in round two)
    - Sun Aug 22 10:00am EST

Some Important Rules...
    1. The league decides the outcome of all trades. I personally will not step in at any time to veto a trade by myself. All trades will be decided by a league vote. If the league passes an unfair trade then the league failed itself. Trust me on this one, it's better this way.

2. Dead teams won't get invited back to season 2. If you don't show up, you don't come back next year.

3. Waiver priority is initially determined by the outcome of the random draft order. If you draft last in round one you will have top waiver priority. If you draft first in round one you will be last in waiver priority. Once you successfully use your waiver priority you move to the back of the line.
    Friendly tip: Some players waiting to be free agents may not be claimed while on waivers. Sometimes it pays to gamble on this and sign him after he clears waivers as opposed to using your waiver priority.

4. Keepers are to be decided at the end of the season. Each team gets five "keeper tags". A "keeper tag" allows you to mark a specific player on your team to carry over to next season.
    Maximum of five keepers per team.

5. For every keeper tag you choose to use you forfeit a draft pick. The offensive keeper tags will cost you a 1st round pick for the first tag and a 2nd round pick for the the second tag. The defensive keeper tag will cost you a 8th round pick as high profile defensive players are typically worth less than offensive players (The highest scoring defensive player last year only hit 170 fantasy points).

6. Draft order in year two is to be determined based on three aspects:
    A.) Picks 1-4 are drawn randomly among the four teams who miss the playoffs.
    B.) The rest of the order is determined by the inverted standings
    C.) New comer teams draft last in round one. If there is more than one new comer team there will be a draw to determine their order.

CLICK HERE to visit the league website (League Members Only)
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Dec 31, 2010, 04:40 PM.

Sweet lets get this show on the road!
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

There isn't even a point of playing, I'm going to win.

Comment

So many pretenders to the crown...

Comment

Giddy up .... I've been scouting lately and am getting prepared.

Comment

Reminder

Guys, don't forget we're playing with IDP's (Individual Defensive Players). You'll need a starting LB, DL and DB.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Guys, don't forget we're playing with IDP's (Individual Defensive Players). You'll need a starting LB, DL and DB.
              Dam... How many rounds are there going to be in the draft?

*goes to scout defensive players*

Comment

23 rounds. 184 players will be drafted on the 22nd. I would recommend doing a pre-draft list of your top 185 players. Even if you used the stock Yahoo rankings and then added to it to rank the back end of the draft you could show up for so many rounds and let your list handle the rest if you didn't want to stick around. It's Sunday morning for me, I don't need to be anywhere so I'll be there for the whole thing. I think it will take about 1-2 hours.
                Last edited by Apollo; Tue Aug 10, 2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I don't have the attention span to do a preranking and usually when I do its usually anyways because I mostly just end up picking the best guy available and don't follow it very much.

Comment

The draft won't feel like 1-2 hours. The picks move very fast, like 30 seconds a pick. I find when I'm not on the clock I'm scrambling to update my board of my top ten potential picks remaining.

Also, everyone make sure you test your system to make sure you will be able to enter the live draft.

Comment

Pfff pre-ranking.

All I have to do is to remember to not draft Peyton Manning in the first round....

Comment

Bahahaha, I'll swap you Brees for him and something else again maybe?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Bahahaha, I'll swap you Brees for him and something else again maybe?
                          Sounds good to me

Comment

Is it possible to have the draft time pushed back to the evening on that day? There's no way I can do that time(10 am) and I really wanna be involved. Anything 4pm and later would be fine with me if everyone can make it...

Comment

I'll send out an league email or PM later today to see what people think. It's tough getting these things to fit everyone's schedule but I'll do my best to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X