Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade JV + more to the team with the 1st overall pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade JV + more to the team with the 1st overall pick?

Would you?

Let's say JV + DeMar or Gay or Raps own 1st round pick to the team with the 1st overall pick?

I think that's the only way we can get Wiggins besides tanking. And im pretty confident this team is not going to tank unless they get off to another slow start.
    Mamba Mentality

Interesting question. I guess that all depends on how you view Jonas' ceiling. It is Tim Duncan, or Roy Hibbert?

I'd lean towards Jonas being the latter (i.e. a very solid player, but not a "franchise player"), in which case I would pull the trigger on a trade for Wiggins....assuming he lives up to the hype, dominates at the NCAA level, and is the consensus #1 pick come April 2014.

Comment

I think you'd have to as the GM. If you had a chance to do that deal and it came out that you didn't you'd be absolutely destroyed in the press and the casual fan base. I would say from a GM perspective it's a no-brainer.

From a basketball perspective, I'd need to see Wiggins plays a game in college and see Val's second-year development. But, if you thought for a second Wiggins was a Durant-level guy, yeah, you'd trade Val, Gay, Derozan and everyone else....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Interesting question. I guess that all depends on how you view Jonas' ceiling. It is Tim Duncan, or Roy Hibbert?

I'd lean towards Jonas being the latter (i.e. a very solid player, but not a "franchise player"), in which case I would pull the trigger on a trade for Wiggins....assuming he lives up to the hype, dominates at the NCAA level, and is the consensus #1 pick come April 2014.
        The chances of Jonas being Tim Duncan are about the same as me making the NBA. We are very very happy if he's Roy Hibbert, Aldridge, even Joakim Noah status. If Wiggins turns out like the say he is, you're probably one of the top 3 teams in the NBA in 5 years regardless of who left in the trade. So, um, yeah of course.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

too early for this thread. I rather see how these high school stars that are slated to be considered a top pick, do in their first year in college as well as how does JV performs in his sophomore year. At this point I am not willing to trade JV for a first overall pick.

Comment

I believe I posted this idea a while back. Wiggins will be a Raptor someday but stop with this getting him on draft day thing...

Comment

We should close this thread, and then re-open it in mid-December (one month into the college season). The default answer to this question should be no until Wiggins and Co. live up to the hype ON THE COURT.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Besides it will never happen because anybody with half a brain won't trade Wiggins before the draft and watch him turn into Lebron 2.0
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Besides it will never happen because anybody with half a brain won't trade Wiggins before the draft and watch him turn into Lebron 2.0
                  He's too nice to become Lebron 2.0

Comment

Nobody is trading the first overall pick this year. Unless Miami or OKC luck into it, nobody else is passing up on Wiggins.

Comment

But Why ? you trade your 1 building block you're sure about to get a guy who might be good. You'll end up exactly where you were, you might be taking a step backwards, but you sure as hell are not taking a step forward. I'm rooting for Wiggins to be the next Lebron and better, but the kid hasn't done shit yet. He's athletic, he's a good kid, he's got talent, take away the hype and he might just be the next Terrence Ross ? By the time we know if he's the real deal, the pick will be untradable anyways, you won't know the draft order untill after the college season is over.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Would you?

Let's say JV + DeMar or Gay or Raps own 1st round pick to the team with the 1st overall pick?

I think that's the only way we can get Wiggins besides tanking. And im pretty confident this team is not going to tank unless they get off to another slow start.
                        I would absolutely hate doing it, but I would do it.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Nobody is trading the first overall pick this year. Unless Miami or OKC luck into it, nobody else is passing up on Wiggins.
                          Stranger shit has happened (probably)
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Was Kobe Bryant not traded for on draft day? Not a number 1 pick but might show some precedent

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Was Kobe Bryant not traded for on draft day? Not a number 1 pick but might show some precedent
                              He was a 13th overall pick. I honestly can't remember the last time the #1 pick was traded willingly by the team that held it post-lottery.

Comment

Working...
                              X