Tor-dal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-dal

After the Bargs trade we will have: 4 C, 2 PF, 3 SF, 3 SG, and 2 PG. We dont have enough cap space to sign a PG good enough to backup Lowry and as much as our 8 page thread might disagree Stone cannot. So we need to aqcuire A starter at 4 or a backup PG via trade and the other through the MLE. I think the Frer Agent 4s are a better option so here's a trade for a backup PG for after the Bargnani trade on July 10.

Toronto Sends: Camby, both 2nd rounders from Bargnani trade

Toronto Receives: Shane Larkin

Val/AJ/Gray
    FA/Acy
    Gay/Novak/Klieza
    DeRozan/Ross/Fields
    Lowry/Larkin/Stone

We stay young but relevant. No point in tanking when 5 teams in the East are already in the hunt for Wiggins and co. (BOS,PHI,CHA,ORL,MIL) this leaves us, CLE,WAS, and DET competing for 2 spots. I love our chances. If we get a solid starting 4, we take a low playoff seed and stay in the playoffs for at least the next 5 years.

Dallas Sends: Larkin

Dallas Receives: Camby, 2 2nd rounders

They are still trying to win in the West. They will likely sign a FA PG this year or next and can part with Larkin

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    After the Bargs trade we will have: 4 C, 2 PF, 3 SF, 3 SG, and 2 PG. We dont have enough cap space to sign a PG good enough to backup Lowry and as much as our 8 page thread might disagree Stone cannot. So we need to aqcuire A starter at 4 or a backup PG via trade and the other through the MLE. I think the Frer Agent 4s are a better option so here's a trade for a backup PG for after the Bargnani trade on July 10.

Toronto Sends: Camby, both 2nd rounders from Bargnani trade

Toronto Receives: Shane Larkin

Val/AJ/Gray
    FA/Acy
    Gay/Novak/Klieza
    DeRozan/Ross/Fields
    Lowry/Larkin/Stone

We stay young but relevant. No point in tanking when 5 teams in the East are already in the hunt for Wiggins and co. (BOS,PHI,CHA,ORL,MIL) this leaves us, CLE,WAS, and DET competing for 2 spots. I love our chances. If we get a solid starting 4, we take a low playoff seed and stay in the playoffs for at least the next 5 years.

Dallas Sends: Larkin

Dallas Receives: Camby, 2 2nd rounders

They are still trying to win in the West. They will likely sign a FA PG this year or next and can part with Larkin
    Dallas is hardly contending and they probably taking as well since they have a relatively old team, they struck out with Howard, and Mayo is leaving them. So they probably won't trade prospects. I would do this trade but not sure if they would. Also what happened to Amir? If we can't get a major FA PF, I have no issues with Amir being our starting PF. People forget how he's still pretty young and gets better every year.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

They just signed Calderon and are clearly trying to contend. I have Amir playing 6th man behing JV and a FA PF. I put him as 'AJ' above so you might not have notcied

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
        They just signed Calderon and are clearly trying to contend. I have Amir playing 6th man behing JV and a FA PF. I put him as 'AJ' above so you might not have notcied
        lol Calderon doesn't make Dallas a contender and if Cuban thinks so, he's stupider than he looks. There is no good FA PFs left I would want starting over Amir. We're not getting Smith. Milsap is going to Atlanta. West resigned with Pacers. Blatche resigned with Brooklyn. Everyone else is either on the same level as Amir or worse. If we really want a better starting PF, we'll have to trade for one.

Comment

Carl Landry is better than Amir but there is a low chance we'll land him.

Comment

Carl Landry is not better than Amir. Amir has a much better all around game and defense is where he shines compared to Landry. Amir is undersized at C and is a PF really, while Landry is an undersized PF who is a good offensive big man option of the bench. That's not really what we need, we need some more length/defensive and rebounding presence. Someone that is good for 24-30mpg, I think Hickson or Brandon Wright could fit the role and possibly even allow for Amir to still be our 6th man as starting gets him into foul trouble too often.

EDIT, I do agree that a trade would probably be necessary to get a serious upgrade in the frontcourt though cause the ceiling for either Hickson or Wright isn't good enough to be starters on winning franchises (top 4 teams).
            Last edited by Liberal; Sat Jul 6, 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X