Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp

While Johnson and the three others were the only Raptors in the gym Monday morning, they’ll be joined soon by a handful of other teammates. Guard Jerryd Bayless has landed back in Toronto — he was to work out in the gym on Monday night with members of the team’s training staff — while DeRozan is expected Wednesday and Amir Johnson on Thursday, according to team insiders.

With Andrea Bargnani already in town, there are just two more to arrive. Leandro Barbosa is making his way back to Toronto from Brazil, where he was playing the domestic league, and Linas Kleiza should be here shortly but isn’t ready for on-court work as he recovers from microfracture surgery on his right knee last spring.
    Source: The Star

Jose Calderon was one of the "three others".

I don't really mean to blow this out of proportion or anything - and maybe it is a bit anal on my part - but I would have loved to have DD and Amir here as soon as possible. I'm sure they had things on the go or family commitments or whatever.

Again, maybe I'm making something over nothing but I'd really have liked to see them hop on the first plane to Toronto much like James Johnson jumped in the car and drove from Ohio. I'm hoping they assert themselves as leaders of the team this year.... and again, I'm probably making something out of nothing.

Comment

Yeah apparently Bargs was the first to use the gym after they opened the doors so I wouldn't read too much into it.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

That's an excellent sign as to where Bargnani's head is at. Maybe he's looking to prove us all wrong this season.

Comment

He was probably just glad to get out of those long green card lines
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm really interested to see how Johnson has improved during the post-season. The hype for him lately has been awesome. We saw glimpses of him being able to go off last season lets hope he can do it on a consistent basis. Personally I think he's one of the Raptors better defenders

Comment

What I see is no overweight guys so far. As a matter of fact they look like they have lost weight (thru the gym I hope). I think they probably want to impress the new coach who probably got the word out about what he expected. I am looking forward to JJ's development as well. I got a real good vibe about his personality last year. His play we saw flashes but he wasnt here long and probably trying to impress. Hope he shows well ...at least as a good rotation player who can be a defensive stopper.

Comment

Ed davis better be bulky when i see him. He's goin to be bangin down low in the paint with all those crafty up and under moves. In 2k12 i dropped 15 and 8 with him and moved Amir to the bench(he wasn't to happy bout that)

Comment

Calderon, Alabi, Johnson, Bargnani working out today. Colangelo/Casey meet the media in the afternoon.
                  Source: Twitter @ekoreen

Comment

Bargnani is working hard and we need to give him credit for it. I hope he hits the glass this season.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      Yeah apparently Bargs was the first to use the gym after they opened the doors so I wouldn't read too much into it.
                      So even when the guy is trying to do something positive he gets bashed by the haters. While I don't ever think he will be the two way player we would like all our players to be, if I were him and all I get (hear) is the crap from all the loud whiners, I would be looking to take my game somewhere else.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't think all he hears is whiners. I mean I just gave him credit. You're defending him. I wouldn't even waste my time in discussion with those who have an axe to grind. What's the point? you're not getting a real discussion, you're just holding the bag for them.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          So even when the guy is trying to do something positive he gets bashed by the haters. While I don't ever think he will be the two way player we would like all our players to be, if I were him and all I get (hear) is the crap from all the loud whiners, I would be looking to take my game somewhere else.
                          I assume the "whining" comes from people who see Bargnani's efforts as too-little-too-late. Where was this added motivation when we had playoff appearances on the line?

Comment

Isn't it better to get there late than not to get there at all? Credit where credit is due.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                              I'm actually happy he was the first one there. I was being...funny. Since I've watched him for five years I'm allowed to make fun of his effort now and then.

I hope he makes me eat my words. I really do.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Dec 7, 2011, 05:38 PM. Reason: inappropriate
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X