Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free agent point guard ... why not Jose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free agent point guard ... why not Jose?

I see Jose Calderon is flying back to the US to sign a contract with a team.

Am I the only person on this forum who wishes that might be us? We need help on the point. Casey liked him as his number one point guard. He plays team defense well, even if he is getting older and slower. He's a great three point shooter. He's great on the pick and roll with Jonas and Amir, or finding Novak open in the corner. Can someone tell me if there is a chance of getting him back? Would you would want him if we could?

Would I want him?

If tanking - no. If not tanking - yes.

Is there a chance of him signing with Toronto - I'd put money on extremely slim

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO for god sakes bury the past already.

Detroit Pistons are throwing a lot of money his way to keep him Jose is a good guard he will find a team that wants him Im surprised New York hasnt went after him yet.

Comment

NY doesnt have the money for f/a.

Comment

Let the past be just that.

Comment

I could see Dallas going after him

Comment

Absolutely not. It doesn't even matter if Jose is serviceable, we don't want anything to do with the BC-era. Besides, him and Lowry didn't exactly work at the PG.

Comment

No.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

No. Not under any circumstances. Been there .. done that. We know what he brings ... and its not what we are looking for. Based on last year, Im not sure that Lowry is either (he might be) .. but Jose for sure is not.

Having said that, I think he could be a good addition to the right team. That team just isnt us ..

Comment

Lefty wrote: View Post
                    I could see Dallas going after him
                    Dallas has acquired two point guards in the last few days, drafting Shane Larkin and signing Gel Melkel.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      Dallas has acquired two point guards in the last few days, drafting Shane Larkin and signing Gel Melkel.
                      And both those guys have no NBA experience. Therefore Jose is an extremely logical choice to pursue as the starter, but someone who'll still leave minutes for those guys to fight for time.

Comment

can't wait for the 'why not get back vince carter' threads to start soon...

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          can't wait for the 'why not get back vince carter' threads to start soon...
                          soon....we're still dealing with the success of "bring back Camby"

Comment

Why would Ujiri willingly rekindle the point guard drama that hung over the team's head for the last 5+years?

I'm a huge Calderon fan by the way - this just isn't a good idea.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                              I see Jose Calderon is flying back to the US to sign a contract with a team.

Am I the only person on this forum who wishes that might be us? We need help on the point. Casey liked him as his number one point guard. He plays team defense well, even if he is getting older and slower. He's a great three point shooter. He's great on the pick and roll with Jonas and Amir, or finding Novak open in the corner. Can someone tell me if there is a chance of getting him back? Would you would want him if we could?
                              You lost credibility when you tried to say that Jose was anything but a sieve on defence. This would be a terrible decision. Time to move on.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X