Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Brooklyn Nets will try to halt a five-game losing streak without Deron Williams and Brook Lopez on Tuesday night in Toronto.

The Nets' starting point guard and center are out again with injuries and will not make the trip to face the Atlantic Division-leading Raptors (6-7).

Williams will miss his third straight game after spraining his left ankle again. He will sit out his fifth contest in six games. Lopez's sprained ankle will sideline him for a sixth straight game.

The Nets (3-10), who have lost eight of their last nine games, may also be without Andrei Kirilenko and Jason Terry. Kirilenko (back), Terry (knee), Lopez, Williams and Shaun Livingston (head contusion) all did not practice Monday. Livingston, though, is considered probable to play against Toronto.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...day-vs-raptors

Unless the Nets have totally capitulated and are wallowing in self pity, the Nets are likely going to come out gunning for the division leading Raptors - one would think.

A win ends a 5 game slide and moves them to just 2 games out of the Atlantic lead.
    A loss extends the slide to 6 and moves them 4 games out of the Atlantic lead and possibly in to last place in the entire East.

This is a game with pressure and likely the last easy game they have until the Knicks in Christmas week (unless they have turned their ship around by then). The last time the Raptors faced a game with pressure was when they played themselves in to the playoff discussion last season after the Gay trade. Of course they then went 4-14 before ending the season 7-2 in April.

Pressure is on Raptors. What cha gonna do brothers?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 26, 2013, 08:10 AM.

I have a feeling the team will play better without Deron
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm an official member of the RR Tank Brigade, and I've got D.Will in my fantasy league. He's screwing me in more ways than one!

Comment

I'm guessing since your started this thread your hoping for a lost, so you can rub how bad this team is to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Unless the Nets have totally capitulated and are wallowing in self pity, the Nets are likely going to come out gunning for the division leading Raptors - one would think.

A win ends a 5 game slide and moves them to just 2 games out of the Atlantic lead.
          A loss extends the slide to 6 and moves them 4 games out of the Atlantic lead and possibly in to last place in the entire East.

This is a game with pressure and likely the last easy game they have until the Knicks in Christmas week (unless they have turned their ship around by then). The last time the Raptors faced a game with pressure was when they played themselves in to the playoff discussion last season after the Gay trade. Of course they then went 4-14 before ending the season 7-2 in April.

Pressure is on Raptors. What cha gonna do brothers?
          Calm down Hogan.
          We'll probably win this one. Unless Alan Anderson decides to go HAM on his old team and goes on one of his hot scoring games like we've seen a few times last year.
          OG is our king

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing since your started this thread your hoping for a lost, so you can rub how bad this team is to us?

No Christian. That is your deal.

I saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lopez and Williams were out tomorrow night so I started a game thread.

I added a little editorial for shits and giggles with my thoughts.

The Raptors are not going to be able to go about their games as a quiet under dog anymore.

We'll see how they handle that.... and for anyone hoping they add another Atlantic division banner to the rafters I hope they do better than last year. (BTW, division banner is a joke).

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Calm down Hogan.
              We'll probably win this one. Unless Alan Anderson decides to go HAM on his old team and goes on one of his hot scoring games like we've seen a few times last year.
              LOL

I tried to find a short video clip but my 40 second search came up with nothing 15 seconds or less.

But at least you were thinking it!

Comment

No Christian. That is your deal.

I saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lopez and Williams were out tomorrow night so I started a game thread.

I added a little editorial for shits and giggles with my thoughts.

The Raptors are not going to be able to go about their games as a quiet under dog anymore.

We'll see how they handle that.... and for anyone hoping they add another Atlantic division banner to the rafters I hope they do better than last year. (BTW, division banner is a joke).
                Well I'm glad to hear that. Another winnable game. Beat this team boys and show me your not a raptor team of the past.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

LOL

I tried to find a short video clip but my 40 second search came up with nothing 15 seconds or less.

But at least you were thinking it!
                  Whatchu gonna do when Raptormania runs wild on you?!
                  OG is our king

Comment

I sense a loss. Reports say hansbrough and Amir are out due to the flu while gay is back in. All DD/gay bricks will not be rebounded by us, which is basically the only reason were not doing extremely horribly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      I sense a loss. Reports say hansbrough and Amir are out due to the flu while gay is back in. All DD/gay bricks will not be rebounded by us, which is basically the only reason were not doing extremely horribly.
                      ACYACYACYACYACYACYACY!!! Please?

Comment

Anytime it seems like it's a for sure win, the raps seem to prove us wrong. So, I won't be making any predictions lol.
                        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KG is definitely showing his age, but he seems to always be a Raptor killer/intimidator. I see this game as a pressure-packed litmus test. Gut feeling is a bad loss that turns the season around for NJ. Raptor-fan-pessimissm at its best.
                          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

As usual i'll be cheering for a Raptors win, but acknowledging that a loss ain't so bad

Comment

Joe Johnson is gonna go at DeRozan, that'll be a fun matchup to watch at least.

I also want to see if Casey has some sense and uses Julyan Stone a bit in this game (or goes with a bigger lineup with Fields). Don't think Lowry at 6'0 can guard 6'7 Livingston.

Comment

Working...
                              X