Halfway there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfway there

I know I'm a few games late on starting this but I was surprised when I saw we were at game 44. This was the team we were supposed to have all figured out after 20 games. 25 max. So where are we at the halfway point? Taking away the enthusiasm from the last two games it would be easy to say that we are a .500 team. That means there will be times we suck (early on) and times were great (a couple of weeks ago) and most of the time we'll be ok. And at the end, we'll have a record a game or two on either side of .500. It doesn't matter when the good or bad times happen, just the result.
    That would be the easy answer. We are a .500 team. Exactly where we don't want to be. Blow it up. Sell high. But then, in typical raptor fashion, there has to be a caveat. The Rudy Gay trade. Are we a .500 team or are we a great team post trade that was just a bad team pre trade. We should know by now but I can't say it seems any clearer than the day before the season started. Only that we don't care if Gay picks up his option next year. I don't what to know if you think we're doing well. I want to know if you know what we're doing anymore than you did 44 games ago.

technically, with this team we are 17-9 (minus the 6-12 start with the rudy gay lineup). and while thats obviously not an accurate projection of things to come, its a nice little thought.

as for where we don't want to be? .500'ish or not, our current record .523 gets us tied for 3rd in the east and top of the atlantic. can't ask for much more than that at this point in time. of course the future is another question altogether.

Comment

I doubt any outside of the organization knew what we were doing 44 games ago or what we are doing now. There certainly is no clear path in front of us.

Comment

38 games left playing basketball and if we keep winning at roughly two to one pace we could wind up as a 50 win team...which would be the best record ever nes pas?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

heres the mid-season report card for the raptors on nba.com

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2014/raptors

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            heres the mid-season report card for the raptors on nba.com

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/midseason/2014/raptors
            i think they are being pretty fair in their assessment here
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              i think they are being pretty fair in their assessment here
              yah overall its pretty positive. even mentioned that lowry may be the easts best PG.

Comment

As long as we finish with a better record than Brooklyn I'm Happy
                #BringBackUzoh

Comment

We're not a .500 team. As a poster above said, we're 17-9 since the trade. We may not be a .667 team, but that's a pretty big sample size against a fairly balanced schedule.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X