Remember that Ed guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that Ed guy?

Anyone missing Ed Davis? While he was showing some upside with his minutes, I have forgot about him already. Amir has played very well and JV has put up back to back double doubles. The team is winning more games then they lose with Gay, and players seem happy.

Thoughts?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Fact that we are looking for starter PF means that he's missed. Fans were happy with our PF line up, which was solid enough not to look for better/more expensive options.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Not really I do love Ed but people fell in love with the guy because literally anything was better to partner with Amir/JV downlow than Bargnani and we started playing way better D with those 2 so it padded him a little bit, I would do that Gay trade 1 million and 1 times over. Gay was the best player in the trade and when you get the best player in the trade you win the trade.

Ed Davis will probably be a Raptor again at some point something tells me he will be a free agent soonr rather than later.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Fact that we are looking for starter PF means that he's missed. Fans were happy with our PF line up, which was solid enough not to look for better/more expensive options.
        I disagree. We're looking for a starting PF because Colangelo believes we're all-of-a-sudden a real playoff threat with the acquisition of Gay. Davis was never going to be a legit starter for us.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          I am not sure sure that we are looking for a starting 4 as much as we are looking to upgrade the front court....something we were still looking at doing when Ed was here. Also, Amir as a Starter in February is playing very well, 13 points 11 boards, with more than a block and a steal per game to go along with over 2 assists.....
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Davis was the best option for a starting PF next to Amir. Now that we have Rudy, Davis is equivalent to a great backup PF.
            He plays backup PF in Memphis, so he's fulfilling his role.

Comment

Love Ed, but odn't miss him right now.

Comment

Once a player is traded to another team there is no point in following their success. Jose may be different because he was a lifer, but even that will get old eventually.

The need to upgrade the PF spot existed even with Davis there.. I personally felt that Bargnani wasn't going to be a permanent fixture, and Davis/Amir seemed to both be off the bench type of guys that one seemed to always be expendable (and in this case Davis seemed the most likely due to his contract/age/potential).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I disagree. We're looking for a starting PF because Colangelo believes we're all-of-a-sudden a real playoff threat with the acquisition of Gay. Davis was never going to be a legit starter for us.
                  A threat for this season? That would be like the threat of an asteroid hitting the planet and wiping out mankind.

A threat had Gay been with the Raptors earlier this year? I think so.

A threat for next year? I think, barring a Minnesota-like rash of injuries, a definite.... but I might be a simpleton homer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    A threat for this season? That would be like the threat of an asteroid hitting the planet and wiping out mankind.

A threat had Gay been with the Raptors earlier this year? I think so.

A threat for next year? I think, barring a Minnesota-like rash of injuries, a definite.... but I might be a simpleton homer.
                    With our current roster, I could see us being a .500 team next year (and that's not including the assumed improvement in Ross and Val's games).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Once a player is traded to another team there is no point in following their success.
                      I follow ex-Raptors after they are traded and focus on how they are used, with a special interest in minutes, usage rate, and shot distribution.

Ed Davis was hailed as a "Boss" on these boards less than one month ago but he has played 41 minutes in 5 games since joining Memphis. I do hope he puts on some muscles as I believe would pair well with Zach Randolph when Marc Gasol has to take a breather.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        Anyone missing Ed Davis? While he was showing some upside with his minutes, I have forgot about him already. Amir has played very well and JV has put up back to back double doubles. The team is winning more games then they lose with Gay, and players seem happy.

Thoughts?
                        Do I miss him now? Not really, because like you said Amir and JV are stepping up. Will I be missing Ed 5 years from now? Likely so, but you gotta give up talent to get talent.

Comment

ed davis is a legit starter. is he an all star? no. you dont have to be an all star to be a starter. the kid puts up easy double doubles with amazing effeciency. he has great hustle.

hes had 3 40minute games with the raptors this season.
                          first game he went 24/12 with 3 steals and hit 84%. second game went 11/13 with 3 blocks and a steal. third game 18 and 10 with 2 blk and a steal.

what more do you want?
                          another 50 million contract player, i suppose?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            ed davis is a legit starter. is he an all star? no. you dont have to be an all star to be a starter. the kid puts up easy double doubles with amazing effeciency. he has great hustle.

hes had 3 40minute games with the raptors this season.
                            first game he went 24/12 with 3 steals and hit 84%. second game went 11/13 with 3 blocks and a steal. third game 18 and 10 with 2 blk and a steal.

what more do you want?
                            another 50 million contract player, i suppose?
                            Putting up nice stats on a crappy team doesn't define a "legit" starter in my eyes. Would Davis be good enough to start on a contending team? The answer is a resounding "Hell No!"

Comment

With our current roster, I could see us being a .500 team next year (and that's not including the assumed improvement in Ross and Val's games).
                              If Lowry played like he has in 2 of the last 3 games - which is not a stretch considering that is how he played the majority of the previous 3 seasons and to start the year - then I could see the Raps pushing 46/47 wins as is. I am talking straight from my bum here but that is what I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X