• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Tapes: Dwyane Wade’s Free Agent Summit

NBA / May 28, 2010 / 1:30 pm
    The Lost Tapes: Dwyane Wade’s Free Agent Summit

By Daniel Marks

With Dwyane Wade saying in his Dime cover story (and again recently) that the marquee free agents would get together and talk about free agency, we decided to make a mock conversation between him, LeBron, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson. Here it goes:

DW: Alright guys, we can all sign anywhere we want this summer, where are you think about going?

LBJ: Ohio is home, I love New York and Jay-Z is my boy, so we will see. I have to talk everything over with my team first and we need to decide.

CB: I asked my Twitter fans and that didn’t help, so I don’t know who to go to now.

JJ: I’m getting max money from someone so that’s where I’m headed.

DW: I see. Oh Chris, I have an idea, why don’t you make a YouTube video touting your free agency, and campaigning for yourself like you did for the All-Star game a few years ago?

CB: Great idea Dwyane, I think that is my next move. I don’t know if I can make such a big decision without going through some type of electronic media.

cont on link

http://dimemag.com/2010/05/the-lost-...-agent-summit/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Chris Bosh Leaves Toronto, Signs With Olympiakos of Greece

Satire

Chris Bosh Leaves Toronto, Signs With Olympiakos of Greece
    by Curt Hogg

Correspondent Written on May 29, 2010

SATIRE — Former NBA All Star and Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh announced late Friday night that he has signed to play basketball next season overseas in Greece.

Bosh confirmed rumors that he would not be playing in Toronto next season, shocking his Twitter followers and fans, by signing a deal with Olympiakos of the Greece 1-A League.

"I wanted to move on in my career. Take a step that most people don't take. Olympiakos is that step," said Bosh in a statement released to the press.

Olympiakos is currently is the championship for the 1-A League, battling the Panathinaiko Reds for the title. The Greens are ranked second-best in all of Europe.

Coming into the off-season, Bosh was one of many highly-touted free agents, a list that includes the likes of LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, and Ray Allen. Bosh's signing eliminates one of the top money makers from that list.

His contract is reportedly worth four years, $10 million.

Why accept such a small contract when he could have made over quadruple that in America? Why not let Bosh answer that.

"I'm a trail blazer. And not on Portland. I couldn't do that team. Europe ain't never seen nothin' like this before."
    cont on link

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...medium=twitter
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Satire

His contract is reportedly worth four years, $10 million.

Why accept such a small contract when he could have made over quadruple that in America? Why not let Bosh answer that.

"I'm a trail blazer. And not on Portland. I couldn't do that team. Europe ain't never seen nothin' like this before."
      Addendum: "I want to add that I have such confidence in the return of the previous currency and rise of the Greek economy that I my contract is really for....4yrs and 500 million drachmas".

Comment

This top tier free agent summit is like NBA's versions of Mean Girls, where the "elites" can't buy a pair of jeans without consulting one another. Gee, just make up your own minds already !

Comment

Working...
        X