Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Bosh to the Bobcats

The bobcats have a number of players we may be interested in:

Tyson Chandler: A good defensive centre to pair up alongside Bargnani. His $12.75 million contract expires in 2011, so if things don't work out we can move him at the deadline or hold on to the cap space.

Tyrus Thomas: Slowly improving power forward that could also play alongside Bargs. He'd need to be sign-and-traded so we could play with how his contract works out. He has a qualifying offer too, but I don't know how that would work.

Gerald Henderson: Chosen after DeRozan in the lottery. Seldom used thanks to S-Jax/Gerald Wallace. Has potential and is on a rookie contract.

Nazr Mohammed: Decent back-up centre who has his $6.8 million contract expiring in 2011.

The Bobcats are also looking for a starting PG, since Raymond Felton may not be coming back. This would be a good opportunity to send off either Jack or Jose to them. We could also have Felton SNTd back to us if we want, but he probably wants too much money and a starters role.

Something like:

Bosh+PG for Chandler/Thomas/Henderson/Lotto-protected (or 2010) 1st round pick

seems like a good deal to me. That gives Charlotte a very solid 1-2-3 punch of S-Jax, Gerald Wallace, and Bosh, plus whichever PG we give them. It leaves us with something like:

PG: (Jack or Jose)/Banks
    SG: DeRozan/Belinelli
    SF: Turkoglu/Weems/Henderson
    PF: Bargnani/Thomas
    C: Chandler/Johnson

Personally I'd prefer to keep Jack so that Hedo can be used more effectively. Our defense at the centre position becomes above-average and we finally have a shot-blocking presence in Chandler. Plus Tyrus Thomas is only 23 years old atm. I think it's a pretty balanced lineup. Thoughts?

It's a pretty good deal. We'd still be weak at shooting guard but maybe we can fix that with someone else. I am also concerned by Tyrus Thomas' sign-and-trade. BC like to throw money a big men and I'm not convinced he's all that good. Tyson Candler is a great piece for this team, especially with his contract coming off the books.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

T. Chandler is terrible. His stats at New Orleans were inflated by playing with CP3.

T. Chandler is so terrible that he can't even start ahead of T. Ratliff, who should have retired years ago, in the playoffs.

T. Thomas has a world of talent but he takes way way too many shots and way way too many bad shots. He is a great shot blocker but other than that his defense especially his team defense is nothing to write home about. If you substitute Thomas for Bosh you might get 1-2 more blocks a game but will give up another 10+ points a game.

Henderson has a good pedigree but has not shown much as a rookie. The Raptors already have Weems and DeRozan, both of whom are better than Henderson.

Nazi's expiring contract would be good and he can still play a bit on offense though on defense his lateral movement is about that of a glacier.

Just my opinion on this.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

No way where giving up Bosh and a good starting pg Jose/Jack for a couple of bench players with no potential to ever be allstars and a busted up center. How does that even make sence?
        In my opinion this is one of the worst trades I have seen thus far involving Chris Bosh. If where trading Bosh to Charlotte we need more than that. Like Wallace and Chandler plus filler for Bosh and Turk. And we keep Jose and Jack.

Comment

It's not horrible, but Chandler is not a very good player, as Buddahfan mentioned.

I still think Tyrus Thomas has a lot of potential.

Gerald Henderson would give the Raptors four young pretty good SGs. Why?

Nazr is an expiring contract, which would be good if he also had talent.

Felton is no better than Jack or Calderon. It would be a lateral move, so what's the point?

And Bargnani is better at center, where he doesn't have to guard quicker players and where quicker players won't guard him.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bosh is in the driver's seat here, and why would he ever want to play in Charlotte? The Raptors can't just trade him to anyone. (Well, I guess in theory we can before July 1st, but what GM would take that deal!)

Comment

I don't think we can trade him in the last year of his contract before July 1st... but he would go to Charlotte because they are a playoff team and he wouldn't be second banana, but he also wouldn't have to be as much of a leader thanks to SJax/Wallace.

And the reason we'd trade away a PG (hopefully Jose) is for cap space to spend on another area. Picking up Chandler gives us a great trade chip come next trade deadline, and imo he's a perfect complement to Bargs (garbage player that consistently plays inside the paint and doesn't suck on defense).

Also I wouldn't mind giving Tyrus Thomas a chance in a Raptors uniform so long as his contract is reasonable. Wasn't he in the same draft class as Bargs? And at 23, he has much room for improvement.

Comment

Working...
              X