Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan can still dunk. At 50. Unreal.

Crazy:

Not impressed. Maybe in 5 years. 50 aint that old. Not lile hes some average joe either
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I saw a video of dr J dunking at 63, so... meh

Comment

He is 6'7" but even so, obviously keeping himself in shape. I recall the sequence in the movie "Dream Team" when Jordan is taunting Magic during an inters-quad game about there being a "new sheriff in town." I wonder how competitively he still scrimmages, and who he scrimmages against?

Comment

Michael Jordan's actual height in 1984 was 6'4 and a half" though he may be a little shorter now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...michael-jordan
          Last edited by stretch; Sun Aug 11, 2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Why are there two threads of this?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Michael Jordan's actual height in 1984 was 6'4 and a half" though he may be a little shorter now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...michael-jordan
              From Wikipedia:
              Listed height 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
              Listed weight 216 lb (98 kg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan

I'm 6' 4" myself and though I never saw him play live, I saw him next to a number of players that I did see live and also numerous broadcasters etc. that I also saw live. I would say he was an inch or two taller than me, just judging by relative heights.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                From Wikipedia:
                Listed height 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
                Listed weight 216 lb (98 kg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan

I'm 6' 4" myself and though I never saw him play live, I saw him next to a number of players that I did see live and also numerous broadcasters etc. that I also saw live. I would say he was an inch or two taller than me, just judging by relative heights.
                Read this: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...michael-jordan

John Feinstein on Jordan's rookie year:

"The Portland Trail Blazers," I said rather loudly (I'd been drinking) will now go down in history not only as the team that took LaRue Martin with the No. 1 pick in the draft but as the team that took Sam Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan." (I didn't kill the Houston Rockets for taking Hakeem Olajuwon because while I would have taken Jordan it was clear Olajuwon had the potential to be great. Bowie, it seemed to me, had the potential to be injured a lot).

Pat Riley gave me one of those condescending looks he's so good at. "You see," he said, "this is the problem with you media people. You just don't understand basketball. Did you know that when Jordan was measured he was only 6-4 and a half, not 6-6 the way he's listed?"

I looked back at Riley, trying to look condescending. "I don't care if he's FIVE four," I said. "He's the best college player I've ever seen. He's going to dominate your league."
                Last edited by stretch; Sun Aug 11, 2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not going to argue other than to say John Feinstein reporting on a conversation he had with Past Riley while he was drinking, back before Jordan had played a game professionally (thirty years ago). Feinstein also states he liked Jordan personally (so knew him and presumably had met him during his extensive coverage of college hoops in the early '80's) so I expect he would have noticed a 3" difference in height. Can't prove it, but I will believe, along with my own eye test seeing Jordan next to other players.

Stockton is listed as 6'1", Drexler as 6'7". Jordan is shorter than Drexler but closer to Clyde's height than John's, so I would guess somewhere between 6'5" and 6'6".

Comment

who cares how tall he is, he's dunking on a 4 foot kid...I LOVE IT!

Comment

Jordan is shorter than Ray Allen who is listed at 6'5".

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Jordan is shorter than Ray Allen who is listed at 6'5".

Pictures like that always look deceiving.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Pictures like that always look deceiving.
                          Yes, Jordan is closer to the camera and still appears shorter than Allen.

Comment

They look pretty even to me.

Comment

Allen was measured at 192 cm or a shade under 6'4" for the 2000 Olympics.

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa...Men/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X