X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Raptors Fans, Chris Paul Might Be Available

Hmmm ... did I get your attention?

Berman speculates that Chris Paul could be made available if the team believes he will bolt New Orleans in 2012. Also the large contract of Emeka Okafor would presumably be one that the Hornets have interest in shedding to gain financial relief.
    Is it realistic to think that we could stand any chance at all in landing Paul or would that just be a pipe dream for us here?

Source - Click here

No chance at landing Paul (not enough quality trade assets to make it happen) .

And, Chris Paul is not available + will not be made available at any point in the next 12 months.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

What if they offered up Banks, Evans and a 1st rounder for Okafor? If Bosh is gone he could step in and fill the rebounding and defensive hole in the paint. He could play against the centers and let Bargnani slide to the 4 where he may be more effective. They would still be free to seek other players elsewhere for Bosh via a S&T.

I don't think a S&T of Bosh for Paul makes sense for the Hornets or Bosh. First off the Hornets already have an all-star PF who is making less than half what Bosh is about to receive per year. For Bosh, going into New Orleans without Chris Paul there is going to place him in an unfamiliar city with inferior ownership and no better chance to compete for a championship. Bosh would not sign on for that.
      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 16, 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I agree that Bosh would not like to go there.
        Can we get CP for Banks, Reggie, Calderon, and maybe a pick?

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
          Not a hope in hell. Even if we did land CP3 somehow, he'd bolt after next season anyways.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Collison and West for Bosh S&T. Don't know if they'd go for it though.

Comment

Would you trade the best PG in the league for that?

Comment

Emeka Okafor's defense was about average last season. He struggled with his man-to-man defense, his transition defense was poor-to-very poor and his pick and roll defense was mediocre. The rest of his team defense was good but unspectacular. Okafor should not be a target for any team hoping to make defensive improvements given (1) his performance last season (2) the size and length of contract which makes him a long term problem should he continue to flounder defensively.

The Raptors would be better off paying Amir Johnson $4-5 million per annum and giving him 30 minutes a night.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                If they think they got too many of them...

Comment

Not just for the best PG in the league, for anybody. Nobody wants Jose's contract, that would be a worse haul than what we got for Wince.

To get Paul, it would mean that NO is blowing it up because they are hemorrhaging money. Collison makes more sense for them because he is cheap and can give you 60% of Paul for 1/20 the price.

In order to land Paul, you would have to give them young cheap talent that would assuage thier fan base for trading away the best point guard in the last 20 years.

You'd likely have to take back Emeka's contract as well, but that is a lot for one team to absorb.

For Paul, I'd be surprised if they accepted a Derozan, Bargs plus two unprotected picks. Then we'd likely have to take back Emeka in exchange for all of our expirings. Bosh would likely resign as well and we'd have a very expensive, but super competitive team of Paul, Weems, Turk, Bosh and Emeka.

Comment

how about harden, kristic and collison for bosh?

we can then trade jose and get jack to start and harden as wicked backup
                    we got 2 rebounders to compensate losing bosh. not shot blockers but ok defenders.
                    trade jose for a shotblocking center. like pryzbilla.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Apr 16, 2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Hmmm ... did I get your attention?

Is it realistic to think that we could stand any chance at all in landing Paul or would that just be a pipe dream for us here?

Source - Click here
                      If Bosh is willing to go to New Orleans than a sign and trade of Bosh for Paul would probably work. That would of course leave the Raptors with 3 point guards and only 1 reliable big man if Johnson doesn't return so BC would have to do something else to fix that for the Bosh for Paul trade to make sense.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        Not just for the best PG in the league, for anybody. Nobody wants Jose's contract, that would be a worse haul than what we got for Wince.

To get Paul, it would mean that NO is blowing it up because they are hemorrhaging money. Collison makes more sense for them because he is cheap and can give you 60% of Paul for 1/20 the price.

In order to land Paul, you would have to give them young cheap talent that would assuage thier fan base for trading away the best point guard in the last 20 years.

You'd likely have to take back Emeka's contract as well, but that is a lot for one team to absorb.

For Paul, I'd be surprised if they accepted a Derozan, Bargs plus two unprotected picks. Then we'd likely have to take back Emeka in exchange for all of our expirings. Bosh would likely resign as well and we'd have a very expensive, but super competitive team of Paul, Weems, Turk, Bosh and Emeka.
                        Paul, Weems, Turk, Bosh and Emeka..... what happen to our depth? :P

people think creating a super super starting line up will make them competitive ..... but what happen if one of them or two of the starting lineup is injured ?? or even worst 3-4 injured players?
                        This season show us that Turk can be easily hurt.....even tho he does not use his athletic ability
                        Bosh get a injured every year...well two years
                        Emeka......even tho the "injured prone" tag is removed but he has history

Comment

He could play against the centers and let Bargnani slide to the 4 where he may be more effective.
                          Exactly HOW would Bargnani be more effective at the 4? He'd be playing against more mobile players that would be more able to guard him on the perimeter. And he'd have more trouble guarding them, as well.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If they think they got too many of them...
                            Let me take another direction with this. Do you think that's the best offer they would get for Chris Paul?

The Hornets are not going to trade the best PG in the game, maybe a top three player in the league, just because they feel they may have too many PGs... Well not for that offer anyway.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 16, 2010, 08:26 PM.

Comment

We might actuall be able to get him. We will have to take on some shit contracts but who cares
                              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Working...
                              X