Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea back after All-Star break!

Two questions.

1. How many games are left after the all-star break ?

2. How many games you see us winning with Andrea back? Small sample size says we should win just under 50% of them(6-7 with Andrea)

P.S follow me at @Chr1st1anL
    @Chr1st1anL

Source?

Answers:

1. Raptors.com and ESPN.com would have the answer to your question. Hint: Scottie Pippen.

2. I've yet to see anything confirmed about him returning other than Casey saying, "Could be 2 weeks, could be 3 weeks." (paraphrased) so it is difficult to get an idea of number of games they could possibly win. Again, source?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Feb 16, 2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: hint added

Comment

Raptors Bargnani out until after All-Star break

Toronto Raptors forward Andrea Bargnani is not expected to return to the lineup until after the All-Star break.

Bargnani has been sidelined for the past eight games after aggravating a strained left calf.

“His timeframe is extended, whether it is two weeks or three weeks, whatever it is,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after Thursday’s practice.

After missing six games last month with a calf injury, Bargnani aggravated it in his second game back.

Toronto’s leading scorer, Bargnani is averaging 23.5 points and 6.4 rebounds for the season.
      http://www.hoopsworld.com/raptors-f-...all-star-break
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Raptors Bargnani out until after All-Star break

Toronto Raptors forward Andrea Bargnani is not expected to return to the lineup until after the All-Star break.

Bargnani has been sidelined for the past eight games after aggravating a strained left calf.

“His timeframe is extended, whether it is two weeks or three weeks, whatever it is,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after Thursday’s practice.

After missing six games last month with a calf injury, Bargnani aggravated it in his second game back.

Toronto’s leading scorer, Bargnani is averaging 23.5 points and 6.4 rebounds for the season.
        http://www.hoopsworld.com/raptors-f-...all-star-break

Yes, that is the same link I posted in Everything Bargnani. However, it does not give a definite answer and there has been no new news, as far as I know.

Comment

Yeah, I think they have no reason to rush him back. The first time he went down, I could see them being more eager to get him back promptly while the season was still young enough to build off, but now since they knew he'd be down at least a few weeks why bother? While it's too early to say we're out of it, the playoffs were an unrealistic goal to many of us before anyway. No need to bring him back quickly and make it an injury that could linger all year, and possibly through the summer.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I think they have no reason to rush him back. The first time he went down, I could see them being more eager to get him back promptly while the season was still young enough to build off, but now since they knew he'd be down at least a few weeks why bother? While it's too early to say we're out of it, the playoffs were an unrealistic goal to many of us before anyway. No need to bring him back quickly and make it an injury that could linger all year, and possibly through the summer.
            While I don't condone tanking by players or coaches (well, except LotteryBall) the front office is well within their rights. The thing about Bargnani returning is, in my opinion, if he plays like he was before the Raptors will fall to the dreaded 11-14 zone for a draft pick. While there will be good players available at this spot, the Raptors need a great player from this draft.

Comment

They're going to keep him out as long as possible. They're not playing for anything other than pride. They're not going to let pride kill any of their long term plans.

Comment

Bargnani should not return until he is 100%, if that inadvertently causes "tanking" then so be it. No more rushing guys back in a season where we are supposed to be "building" anyway. Both bargnani and bayless re-aggravated their injuries, no need to rush anyone back now.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                X