Ed Davis Hurts Knee in Mississauga Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis Hurts Knee in Mississauga Scrimmage

"#Raptors forward Ed Davis tweaked knee during informal scrimmage in Mississauga last night. He is experiencing soreness, undergoing testing."
    LINK: http://twitter.com/npsport/status/24692990312

Hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. It IS a tweak, so it may not be too serious. Let's hope, anyway.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Thu Sep 16, 2010, 07:08 PM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

This can best be described as dumb. I lived near the CityPlace court and Jamario Moon used to come to the gym, never did he take part in any kind of scrimmage for exactly this reason. I guess Moon was smart in his own way.

Comment

WTF... just brutal. when you play with unorganized players that dont know how to play properly this is what will happen.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        This can best be described as dumb. I lived near the CityPlace court and Jamario Moon used to come to the gym, never did he take part in any kind of scrimmage for exactly this reason. I guess Moon was smart in his own way.
        I don't really understand what your saying. The Raptors were having an informal workout this past week that included most of the Raptors outside of the international players, Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks. It wouldn't make sense for him to fly down for the practice and not play.

Comment

wow this is just great hope this isn't serious
          ya dun noe

Comment

overreaction. this is further proof that we get far too much "news" these days.

Comment

aintno4s wrote: View Post
              overreaction. this is further proof that we get far too much "news" these days.
              Yeah, I hear ya. Let's find out what really happened, and more importantly, how serious the injury is or isn't before we get into wild speculation and fault finding. I mean some guys are making it sound like they already know he dropped into the Y for pickup game against some scrubs who spazzed out and caused this. Maybe true, but who knows.

And yet, on the other hand, everybody was fawning all over Sonny and Demar because they dropped into a community center in TO a few weeks ago and actually did hoop it up with the local scrubs - caught on tape and everything.

Comment

The Raptors have been part of too many negative stories! I just hope this is nothing major.

Comment

"RaptorsHQ reader Tinmann reports that Ed Davis was spotted at a Toronto-area hospital getting an MRI on his knee."
                  http://www.raptorshq.com/

Comment

Originally posted on the front page of RR
                    =============================

Photo of someone posing as Arse preparing the RR game day bus for 10-11

It looks like we have our winner.

Ed Davis injures his knee in a non-approved scrimmage on a non-approved court (Do two negatives here equal a positive?)

somewhere in Mississauga

by tripping over a previously owned Mascot truck part .

lying on one of the end lines

BC calls around for a camp replacement. A warm body, anybody.

Amir says. Heh got this buddy I played with in Detroit

that is looking for some work and is a great locker room presence.

BC phones Durpree’s agent

and viola an instant replacement for Easy Ed.

Ed Davis welcome to the Raptors you have now become the recipient of the first 10-11 much coveting unofficial Raptors game day award

Under the Bus – Ed Davis

Welcome Easy Ed.

Doctors note: All further medical information regarding this incident will be released on a kneed to know basis

Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Sep 17, 2010, 11:27 AM.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Honestly I'm not mad at Ed Davis. I mean it really sucks, but a basketball player isn't allowed to play basketball unless it's sanctioned? I'm sorry i just don't agree.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        Honestly I'm not mad at Ed Davis. I mean it really sucks, but a basketball player isn't allowed to play basketball unless it's sanctioned? I'm sorry i just don't agree.
                        His contract is for millions of dollars, they should have some sort of say in how and where he plays in my opinion.

Comment

I voted no on the front page because as I recall the question does not include the word "allowed"

I voted no on the front page because I don't think it is that smart to play in unauthorized and unsupervised scrimmages and/or summer leagues like at the HAX.

A NBA player is not going to improve his game very much if at all by playing in these summer leagues. However, they do risk incurring a major injury.

There are a lot better and safer basketball related activities available for a NBA player to develop his game during the summer than by playing in scrimmages and games at places like the HAX in Los Angeles.

Just my opinion
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I am pretty sure that the player's contract has some restrictions in it related to what they can't do, to the extent that the Player's Association allows it

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              I am pretty sure that the player's contract has some restrictions in it related to what they can't do, to the extent that the Player's Association allows it
                              Well it wasn't any secret what these guys were doing. They've been tweeting about the last week. Does the team not care? I don't know. Maybe they should outlaw crossing the street unsupervised and pedal bikes too.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X