R.I.P. Lob City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Lob City

It seems as if blake Griffin and the rest of the clippers want to erase the lob city identity
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...s=iref:nbahpts

“Lob City doesn’t exist anymore. Lob City is done. We’re moving on and we’re going to find our identity during training camp and that will be our new city. No more Lob City.”
    Of course, not everyone will feel the same way about the end of Lob City.
    Griffin, the 2010 NBA Slam Dunk champion, said he gets that.
    “People will still wear T-shirts,” Griffin said. “I can’t really go to people’s houses and take their T-shirts and cut them up. But we [will] have a new identity as a team and that’s going to be what we work out during training camp.
    So Lob city 2.0 .. Tdot<3 ?? lol

your thoughts?

This news will be greeted with smiles by guys like Brandon Knight, Kendrick Perkins, Timofey Mozgov and countless others who have found themselves on the wrong end a highlight from an encounter with the Clippers.
    loooooool dont worry demars still out there to dunk on yall
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

They need to get serious on the court if they want to win big.

Time is now for them.

Comment

Why don't they just embrace the nickname? There's nothing wrong with it...
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah, they were talking about this when NBA TV was broadcasting their training camp. (btw I never fully realized how STACKED their team is until I watched that)

IMO the lobs aren't just for show, they actually help the flow of their offense. They have by far the most athletic 4&5 combo in the league, and DeAndre can't do anything other than dunk...
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          Why don't they just embrace the nickname? There's nothing wrong with it...
          they aren't getting no where with a nickname like that. Remember the time when Blake used to score every point of a dunk, there was nothing to his game he couldn't even shoot free throws, forget about mid range shots or treys.

I guess its just a message to the fans and other teams that they are serious down there in LA. That they got their defense down pat most importantly that its not a circus anymore.
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
            they aren't getting no where with a nickname like that. Remember the time when Blake used to score every point of a dunk, there was nothing to his game he couldn't even shoot free throws, forget about mid range shots or treys.

I guess its just a message to the fans and other teams that they are serious down there in LA. That they got their defense down pat most importantly that its not a circus anymore.
            Oooo, were changing our nickname. we mean business, yo!

..give me a break! You want to be taken serious? show it on the court and the nickname will adjust accordingly..
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Oooo, were changing our nickname. we mean business, yo!

..give me a break! You want to be taken serious? show it on the court and the nickname will adjust accordingly..
              thats kinda true.......
              i like what you said there, you actually changed my way of looking at it
              Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Oct 4, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                thats kinda true.......
                i like what you said there, you actually changed my way of looking at it
                they didn't get called "lob city" and then start alley-ooping in games. They started alley-ooping in games and got touted "lob city"...you earn a nickname from something that you're commonly associated with, you don't just randomly get a nickname and then start acting the ways that are associated with it.

Comment

they didn't get called "lob city" and then start alley-ooping in games. They started alley-ooping in games and got touted "lob city"...you earn a nickname from something that you're commonly associated with, you don't just randomly get a nickname and then start acting the ways that are associated with it.
                  its LA they are talking the talk before waking the walk
                  what more can you possibly expect

Comment

Do you people really believe that? that we're not going to see anymore high flying play from the lowly Clippers? come on. Blake Griffin probably was drunk while doin this interview.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Do you people really believe that? that we're not going to see anymore high flying play from the lowly Clippers? come on. Blake Griffin probably was drunk while doin this interview.
                      Ha.Nope, not for a second..

Comment

As long as Blake Griffin:
                        a.) Is playing with the best point guard in the league, and
                        b.) Basically can't shoot
                        they'll be "Lob City" whether they've decided they're serious people now or not.

Blake's gonna have to fix his shot chart if he wants to be known as more than just an alley-oop finisher: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...de=performance
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                        X