An interesting ESPN poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting ESPN poll

Looking at the ESPN site i found they posted a new poll regarding the sixth place in the Eatern Conference. This was the question:

Which currently in the running for the No. 6 seed in the East has the most sleeper potential?

The options were Charlotte, Milwaukee, Chicago, New York and Detroit.

I couldn't believe the raptors were not included. First of all, they're currently in 7th place, 2 games behind Milwaukee. The rest of those teams have worst records than the raptors. They even include the Knicks!! and ignore Toronto. And the Raptors had the harder Scheadule in the whole league and they still maneged to be 7th. NYK has been horrible except for the last week and Chicago just lost to the Kings at home after leading by 35, and they still have more chances than us?

I feel insulted as a Raptor Fan to be ignored that way from someone who calls himself the Worldwide Leader in Sports.

Raúl wrote: View Post
    Looking at the ESPN site i found they posted a new poll regarding the sixth place in the Eatern Conference. This was the question:

Which currently in the running for the No. 6 seed in the East has the most sleeper potential?

The options were Charlotte, Milwaukee, Chicago, New York and Detroit.

I couldn't believe the raptors were not included. First of all, they're currently in 7th place, 2 games behind Milwaukee. The rest of those teams have worst records than the raptors. They even include the Knicks!! and ignore Toronto. And the Raptors had the harder Scheadule in the whole league and they still maneged to be 7th. NYK has been horrible except for the last week and Chicago just lost to the Kings at home after leading by 35, and they still have more chances than us?

I feel insulted as a Raptor Fan to be ignored that way from someone who calls himself the Worldwide Leader in Sports.
    Generally when there's an ESPN poll that includes the Raptors as an option, raptor nation goes overboard and skews the results in their favour. Furthermore, I think fans need to get over being validated by the American media... if the team was exciting, competitive and actually had a legitimate bright future (right now it's all based on what happens with Bosh) I think their reaction would be very different.

Keep in mind that during Carter's peak as a Raptor, Toronto was usually the first team on SportsCenter. Over the last few years we've been a disappointing and boring team which was further validated when Kobe dropped 81 points... since then it has been an uphill battle.

But back to my original point- who cares what they think and if they ignore the Raptors?

Comment

Nobody on ESPN (or anywhere) watches the Raptors, there are just too many other interesting games going on for them to care.

Comment

Working...
      X