Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy hits $75,000 Halfcourt shot .. and Lebron has BEST reaction EVER.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy hits $75,000 Halfcourt shot .. and Lebron has BEST reaction EVER.

This is amazing. This actually makes me like Lebron for a minute.

He wasn't my favorite, he was far from being favorite two seasons ago, but now it looks like he's changed on and off the court, I like him since last year.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

LeBron has always had a great personality. He just let the criticism get to his head, and tried to talk his way out of things. He wasn't LeBron James.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Always been a huge fan of LBJ, both his game and personality. Sure he's said and done a few dumb things, but for the most part he's handled himself well on and off the court.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Always been a huge fan of LBJ, both his game and personality. Sure he's said and done a few dumb things, but for the most part he's handled himself well on and off the court.
          Ya, I guess he's always had that fun-loving, "Shaq-esque" personality; however, unlike Shaq, Lebron has never really known the time and the place to show that personality. Time like this, its perfect and awesome, and makes me see the 'good' in that side of him. But there were times earlier in his career (dancing on the sidelines during blow-out win especially comes to mind) when he'd let his inner-child come out when he should have been channeling his inner-Professional and show the game and your opponent some respect. I think he's gotten better as time goes on, but he really used to rub me the wrong way. I'm coming around to him though.

Comment

Lebron's reputation took a blow because he left Cleveland, and while people used 'The Decision' as an excuse, I really think it had a lot more to do with him potentially 'colluding' with the other superfriends and/or him being one of the new age players (team loyalty < winning) instead of a the 'classic' players people wanted him to be (ie. spend your career with a team).

But I always found a few things weird about it:

- that people would say (paraphrasing) "rings mean everything" and criticize him because he lacked rings, then jump on him when he made a move to get those rings. If you are going to tell one of the best players in the history of the game that his legacy has little meaning without a championship, why would one not expect him to make decisions that would help lead to championships.
            - people expected when 'The Decision' was announced that he would stay would Cleveland. But why would he go through all the trouble of that just to say 'nothing is changing'? I thought when the program was scheduled it was a clear indication he was at the very least out of Cleveland
            - outside of Toronto, Bosh never received the same treatment. People just said 'we all knew that was coming' or 'it wasn't a suprise'. Excused it because he was on a team going no where, yada yada yada. In fact as the year went on many pointed to Bosh being the one who held that team together and their 'best' player in the playoffs (mistakenly as far as I'm concerned... but neither here nor there)

I will say the entire arrogance surrounding those 3 when they joined was rather annoying and I'm sure the majority of the league enjoyed watching them lose to Dallas (another weird event considering teams like Dallas were the rational of why owners had the right to lock out players and the league needed a hard cap etc).

I think more than anything people just love an underdog and like knocking people off a pedestal. With Cleveland Lebron was an underdog (small market, bad team aside from him) - when he went to Miami he was standing on the tallest pedestal there was. After he got knocked off (performance to end the playoffs that year), their job was done and didn't care anymore.

(not directed at anyone here, just the way Lebron was viewed in general)

Lebron, to me anyways, has always seemed like a good guy who at times got caught up in the usual effects of celebrity. But on the floor he was a team player, charasmatic with the public and the media, and did alot of good for the community. Not perfect, but alot better person or personality than some of the stars the league has seen.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
              Lebron's reputation took a blow because he left Cleveland, and while people used 'The Decision' as an excuse, I really think it had a lot more to do with him potentially 'colluding' with the other superfriends and/or him being one of the new age players (team loyalty < winning) instead of a the 'classic' players people wanted him to be (ie. spend your career with a team).

But I always found a few things weird about it:

- that people would say (paraphrasing) "rings mean everything" and criticize him because he lacked rings, then jump on him when he made a move to get those rings. If you are going to tell one of the best players in the history of the game that his legacy has little meaning without a championship, why would one not expect him to make decisions that would help lead to championships.
              - people expected when 'The Decision' was announced that he would stay would Cleveland. But why would he go through all the trouble of that just to say 'nothing is changing'? I thought when the program was scheduled it was a clear indication he was at the very least out of Cleveland
              - outside of Toronto, Bosh never received the same treatment. People just said 'we all knew that was coming' or 'it wasn't a suprise'. Excused it because he was on a team going no where, yada yada yada. In fact as the year went on many pointed to Bosh being the one who held that team together and their 'best' player in the playoffs (mistakenly as far as I'm concerned... but neither here nor there)

I will say the entire arrogance surrounding those 3 when they joined was rather annoying and I'm sure the majority of the league enjoyed watching them lose to Dallas (another weird event considering teams like Dallas were the rational of why owners had the right to lock out players and the league needed a hard cap etc).

I think more than anything people just love an underdog and like knocking people off a pedestal. With Cleveland Lebron was an underdog (small market, bad team aside from him) - when he went to Miami he was standing on the tallest pedestal there was. After he got knocked off (performance to end the playoffs that year), their job was done and didn't care anymore.

(not directed at anyone here, just the way Lebron was viewed in general)

Lebron, to me anyways, has always seemed like a good guy who at times got caught up in the usual effects of celebrity. But on the floor he was a team player, charasmatic with the public and the media, and did alot of good for the community. Not perfect, but alot better person or personality than some of the stars the league has seen.
              +1. Not anyone is a perfect person in general. There have been stars with great character Rose, Durant, and I would put LeBron near there. Not as much humble because he is known to be the best player in the world (Hard to keep yourself stable), but has done a nice job.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X