Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte PG Woes Exposed Last Night

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...injection.html

Livingston having pain in the knee that had the most disgusting injury I've ever seen outside of football.

Augustine had a great game last night - for a SG.

Crittenton is a very good third string, not too sure about backup, definitely not starter.

Collins is out of shape, supposedly, and recovering from injury.

Diaw (4) and Thomas (3) led the team in assists in first pre-season game.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301005005

I wonder if MJ hears BC whispering "Caaaaalderon" late at night.

What would we at this point want from the Bobcats?

Comment

Diaw is one player. Based on all the rumors Colangelo wants Diaw.

Comment

Calderon for Diaw and a pick sounds good enough to me. Diaw is on his final year right?

Comment

I believe he has one more year after this one.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I believe he has one more year after this one.
            Thanks! But still better than Calderon's contract, and we get a pick.

Comment

I wouldn't want Diaw because we have enough power forwards as it is, and I don't think he can play the 3.

Comment

AllenL2R wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't want Diaw because we have enough power forwards as it is, and I don't think he can play the 3.
                It's mainly a cap-relief trade, and also we get a pick and picks are vital for a team at our stage, look what it did for Portland and Seattle/Oklahoma. Diaw won't kill us, he'll help off the bench.

Comment

Yeah I am finding conflicting information about Diaw's contract length - If he's expiring I'd do it if their second rounder was included (or even better their mid-first rounder) but if he's only 1 year less than Jose, it's hardly worth it since Jose can actually be a functional rotation player and split PG minutes with Jack where as Diaw would just steal minutes from our younger guys...
                  When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I am finding conflicting information about Diaw's contract length - If he's expiring I'd do it if their second rounder was included (or even better their mid-first rounder) but if he's only 1 year less than Jose, it's hardly worth it since Jose can actually be a functional rotation player and split PG minutes with Jack where as Diaw would just steal minutes from our younger guys...
                    It's still a year less, it gives us more flexibility. Plus, next year IF we can have a high draft pick and take Kyrie we'll have three point guards making roughly 20 million combined.

Comment

AllenL2R wrote: View Post
                      What would we at this point want from the Bobcats?
                      I'd take this trade:

Calderon and Anderson for Diaw and DJ Augustine

The money is almost perfect and DJ is being labeled a bust @ 22 y/o but at that age I'd roll the dice on him considering we'd be no worse if the experiment failed...
                      Last edited by Edgar; Thu Oct 7, 2010, 04:38 PM.
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I can see Calderon for Diaw straight up as BC, according to media reports that I have read, wants to pair Diaw w/ Barbosa (so Barbosa can guard pg's on D while Diaw controls the ball on O) plus both teams seem to be showcasing each player as early pre season starters. I can't see Charlotte not starting a healthy Tyrus after re-signing him. Time will tell...

Comment

I wanted the Calderon/Diaw every day throughout the summer, but now its a wait and see. Before BC messes with the roster, we need to see what kind of team we have. I'd do that trade at the deadline if Toronto was out of the playoff race and that's it.

Also, I'm not a fan of bumping anybody off the roster for a 35 year old Dampier at this point.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I was .... until I seen Dorsey play last night.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                              He has 2 years left at $9M per season. However, 2011-12 is a player option.

Barbosa is in the same point - $7.1M this season, $7.6M next but is a player option.

With a hard cap most definitely coming, I can see BC saying to both 4yr/$20M each. At 28 and 29 years of age, it might not be a bad move for them longer term despite giving up some money next year.

A lockout makes all this idle jibberish though.

Comment

Working...
                              X