Big And Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big And Cheap

Okay so we all know we have a whole at the Center position, and other than taking on the big contract of Okafor there isn't a lot of talent out there. However we do need to fill the roster so why not add some big bodies? However we do need to keep in mind that just because something is cheap doesn't mean its a bargain, so the key is finding the best of the worst. After combing through the free agent lists HERE these few guys I think might be worth taking a look at. I am not an NBA scout and haven't even watched most of these guys play, but they are young and they are cheap (all made < 1 Mill) so I think it is worth taking a look at. Please take a peak and let me know if you would offer tiny contracts to any of these players. If you would like to add insight aka scouting report on any guys you are familiar with that would be sweet.

In no particular order:

Earl Baron NYK Only played 11 games but averaged a double double? Not sure if it is a typo but it's lists his salary for last year as $48 000...

Anthony Tolliver GSW Last season 44 games 32 minutes 7 rebounds 12 points, is Restricted FA

Chris Hunter GSW 60 games 13 minutes 3 rebs 4.5 points also restricted

Kyrylo Fresenko Utah 49 games 8 minutes 2 rebs 2.9 pts.

Former Raptors on the list:
    Nathan Jawai
    Patrick O'Bryant
    Rasho Nesterovic
    Primoz Brezac

Personally i would throw a small 2 year with 3 year team option at tolliver or hunter and maybe a 1 year for Baron an Fresenko

I may scour the PF list as well to see if there are any possible C's listed.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Why sign one of those nobody's? We may as well give Solomon Alabi a chance rather than waste the money on any of them...

Comment

have noticed a few guys that look worthwhile in the power forward section but don't have time to do a proper post... so there will be a part 2 tomorrow!
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Alden21 wrote: View Post
        Why sign one of those nobody's? We may as well give Solomon Alabi a chance rather than waste the money on any of them...
        because it might be better for alabi's development to go to the d-league for a year? Also maybe there are still a couple of roster spots to be filled?

Comment

Pretty slim pickins at the 5. And a lot of them are RFAs, considering we only have about a mil and ahalf of the MLE remaing, even if we offered them that salary, their respective clubs would in all liklihood match it.

Comment

Alden21 wrote: View Post
            Alabi is nowhere ready. He needs to spend the season in the D-League getting minutes, not rotting on the bench.

Comment

Big County Bryant Reeves..

Comment

I'd go with Tolliver. He's a hard worker and a quality dude. If we could get him for 2-3 year for cheap it'd be a steal.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I'd go with Tolliver. He's a hard worker and a quality dude. If we could get him for 2-3 year for cheap it'd be a steal.
                  2-3 a year? With what money? We only have about a million and a half remaining.

Comment

Don't we still have the Bi-annual Exception too, or did we use it last year?

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                      Don't we still have the Bi-annual Exception too, or did we use it last year?
                      I think we used it on Rasho last year. I could be wrong though.

Comment

fesenko plays for minnesota, but is on the trade block. tolliver is untoucahble in g state, which is stupid, but nonbetheless untoachable.

and i think the rest of the guys are signed or are just plain shit.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          fesenko plays for minnesota, but is on the trade block. tolliver is untoucahble in g state, which is stupid, but nonbetheless untoachable.

and i think the rest of the guys are signed or are just plain shit.
                          Was Fesenko in the Jefferson deal or did Minny pick him up via waivers? I thought he was still on the Jazz..Kid was solid when he played. Big body, snatches up rebounds.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            2-3 a year? With what money? We only have about a million and a half remaining.
                            like i said, for cheap.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Was Fesenko in the Jefferson deal or did Minny pick him up via waivers? I thought he was still on the Jazz..Kid was solid when he played. Big body, snatches up rebounds.
                              Is in Utah. Kosta Koufos was the Utah big man traded to Minny in the Al Jefferson's deal

Comment

Working...
                              X