Gherardini: "Four or Five New Players for Raptors"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gherardini: "Four or Five New Players for Raptors"

Hmmm ... very interesting. This summer will indeed be the most exciting since this franchise's inception.

Raptors Vice President talk to Sportando during the Euroleague Final Four

Toronto Raptors Vice President, Maurizio Gherardini, released a brief interview to Sportando, before the Euroleague Final between Regal Barcelona and Olympiacos.

The Italian manager spoke about Toronto Raptors and Chris Bosh.

"Bosh? We hope he will stay with us. But now it is to early to talk about it. In June Raptors will know his final decision" said Gherardini. "My impression is that in Toronto Raptors we will have four or five new players for the next season" added Gherardini who finished saying about Euroleague level and new European players in NBA.

"The level of Euroleague is very high and in the Final Four there are the best clubs of the season. It is difficult to say now if new European players will be in NBA next year. I think that some hints might come also from FIBA World Championship in August".
    Source - Click here

"My impression is that in Toronto Raptors we will have four or five new players for the next season"

Thats a pretty bold statement. One would be the draft pick, the numbers suggest some form of trade...more likely a s&t which could net those numbers....which more than likely is a Bosh move. The speculation starts.

But jeeez...another learning curve of a season coming up?

Comment

Another learning curve might not sound appealing, but even less appealing is for the same roster to return next season.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I keep forgetting that not all "learning curves" are the same. The Bucks are an example with as many new faces they had. But then there are other factors and I dont want to go there...again.

Comment

4 or 5 new players

The Raptors currently have 9 players under contract not counting Bosh

So Bosh resigns and Johnson resigns that brings the total to 11 from last season

Non returning players not under contract

Rasho
          Wright
          POB
          Dorsey

You replace those 4 with the 1st round pick a MLE and a couple of vet minimums and you have 4 new players.

Now if he said 4 or 5 new rotation players then maybe he would have said something important.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

My impression is that in Toronto Raptors we will have four or five new players for the next season
            Ohh Big shocking statment by Mafatisio.

Its obvious that the Raptors will have new players on the team that is not news, if bosh leaves they will have to sign someone else plus the draft pick plus scrap some euro's from Maccabi or a couple of d leaguers and vouila we got another bad team.

Just because he says "new players" it doesn't mean they are going to get "top notch players,

I would prefer if he came out and said "the Raptors will get a new VP because i'm leaving!"

Comment

It all depends .... is going to be 4 bench players? You pretty much have POB, Rasho and Dorsey as candidates to be replaced. And then one of Wright, Belinelli, Banks or Evans will be gone, too. The big question is, besides CB4, how many from the "core" will be replaced: Jose, Jack, Hedo, Andrea? I guess Weems and DeRozan are not going to leave Raptors next season unless they are shipped with Jose/Hedo!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                4 or 5 new players

The Raptors currently have 9 players under contract not counting Bosh

So Bosh resigns and Johnson resigns that brings the total to 11 from last season

Non returning players not under contract

Rasho
                Wright
                POB
                Dorsey

You replace those 4 with the 1st round pick a MLE and a couple of vet minimums and you have 4 new players.

Now if he said 4 or 5 new rotation players then maybe he would have said something important.
                We need to also consider the idea of them running with a roster number a couple under the 15 man limit. Colangelo seems to like the flexibility of roster space leading up to the trade deadline.

Comment

What I would like to see is a tigher rotation, if you noticed most successful NBA teams play a tight 9 men rotation basketball.

When you begin to rely on 10 or more players to carry your team then it usually means something is wrong with your starting 5 and if the Raptors aren't going to improve their starting 5 and bring more backups to increase the rotation then the Raptors will suck again.

Comment

Adding 4 or 5 scrubs isn't going to make any difference, and there is no "learning curve". A team has roles to fill and finds players who fill those roles. If the ball players don't play well together look no further than the personnel dept.

4 or 5 average or better players would improve certain aspects of the team's play, but the NBA is a star's league. There's only so far a team without transcendental players can go.

Comment

Working...
                    X