A sports/reality/humor piece about Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sports/reality/humor piece about Canadians

It's always so cute when Canada hosts an Olympics. Canadians try so hard. This comes from living next to America and having an inferiority complex worse than Tito Jackson's.

So starts Rick Reilly's piece on ESPN....and good for a few laffs

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ick&id=4906756

Man that was pretty good. I think you can relate this Olympics piece to the Bosh situation, there are far too many raptor fans going ape shit when any article of Bosh comes up saying hes leaving. I know it gets annoying but still it shows us being edgy, crazy fans. Personally I gave up on hoping we get respect south of the border and just hoping the raptors make it to the 2nd round.

Sorry for getting off topic

Comment

I was born and lived just about my entire life in Canada (the last 15 in Vancouver), and I understood almost nothing in that article.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
        I was born and lived just about my entire life in Canada (the last 15 in Vancouver), and I understood almost nothing in that article.
        I agree Tim same here, but I grew up in a more multi-cultural neighborhood where everybody loved basketball (I didn't get into Hockey until my teens), so I didn't if this was really correct.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
          That wasn't meant to be a serious dissertation of the Canadian psyche. If you have read this writer before his style is a blend of truisms with sarcasm & humour...and there were some references unique to Canada...including our touchy complex (which I have sometimes myself visavis the US).

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
            I agree Tim same here, but I grew up in a more multi-cultural neighborhood where everybody loved basketball (I didn't get into Hockey until my teens), so I didn't if this was really correct.
            I never got into hockey. I've seen one game in my life (about 25 years ago), and never understood the fascination of it. Maybe that's why the article didn't quite make sense to me.

Bendit, I realized it was supposed to be tongue in cheek, I just didn't understand half of the references. Course, I don't like hockey, curling or many of the stereotypical Canadian things, so maybe I'm just out of the loop.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Reilly's attempt of a Canadian accent is very weak. He makes it sound more like someone from the state of Minnesota.

I guess the article was witty to some degree, I just didn't find it very funny at all. He stating the obvious and we already know we as Canadians are too nice.

Comment

I guess the reputation of being overtly nice is way better then the repuation of being an arrogant a-holes.

Not saying its true but stigma's do stick.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I guess the reputation of being overtly nice is way better then the repuation of being an arrogant a-holes.

Not saying its true but stigma's do stick.
                  This should explain everything
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMdu...eature=related

and if you haven't seen that movie I suggest you watch it ASAP.
                  Last edited by Mack North; Mon Feb 15, 2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    This should explain everything
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMdu...eature=related

and if you haven't seen that movie I suggest you watch it ASAP.
                    I am so ronrey......

MATT DAMON!

good times.

Comment

This was posted yesterday Creebrave.

Comment

Working...
                      X