Bargs Ranked 18th Best Centre In The NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs Ranked 18th Best Centre In The NBA

Interestingly enough, that's 2 spots behind Roy Hibbert.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba-265420

even hibbert is ranked higher. sad that the player many have been fooled into thinking was our most talented is in the same range as nenad kristic, nock collison, and brendan haywood.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      even hibbert is ranked higher. sad that the player many have been fooled into thinking was our most talented is in the same range as nenad kristic, nock collison, and brendan haywood.
      This is why he is not the Raptors most talented player because talent wise including offense and defense he in my opinion in the late 2nd to mid 3rd quartile of centers in the NBA. By the end of the 2010-11 most of the writers will have DeRozan ranked higher than Bargnani and possibly Davis and/or Johnson.

They may be correct on him but they are wrong on DeRozan, Johnson, Davis and even Weems to a certain extent. Since the Raptors last season were not on national TV other than NBA/TV a couple of times a lot of these writers have probably seen Davis play more when he was at NC than they have seen DeRozan, Johnson and Weems play while with the Raptors.

However they have all seen Bargnani by now since the Raptors did make the playoffs with Bargnani playing and also because he plays all over the world 12 months of the year.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 05:39 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Um, sorry but what? The list makes very little sense. Why is Hibbert ranked higher than Bargnani anyway? He's not that much better at rebounding (and he's 7-2!!!) and fouls at a very high rate.

This list is horrible. Brendan Haywood is worse than Shaq, Hibbert, and Bargs? Really? Emeka Okafor is worse than David "I'm a pylon" Lee? You've gotta be fuckin' kidding me. Throw this shit in the trash where it belongs.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          Um, sorry but what? The list makes very little sense. Why is Hibbert ranked higher than Bargnani anyway? He's not that much better at rebounding (and he's 7-2!!!) and fouls at a very high rate.

This list is horrible. Brendan Haywood is worse than Shaq, Hibbert, and Bargs? Really? Emeka Okafor is worse than David "I'm a pylon" Lee? You've gotta be fuckin' kidding me. Throw this shit in the trash where it belongs.
          +1, this list is bullshit

Comment

This article by yahoo is laughable. Raps fans gotta stop getting wound up in what the media has to say, as there is rarely something good. Watch Bargs to be a top 4 centre. He's got the body to match a physical game and he's starting to utilize it. Its taking him so long to develope because he's a slinger from Italy who virtually had no idea of the NBA game. Do you not think this is one of the main things they are addressing over the summer (Triano (staff), National team)? With the right tutelage, he is more then capable of becoming a ferocious defender. Not everybody has that killer instinct, allot of times it has to be learned through adversity. Great, great player who has been caught in the shadow of Bosh for way to long. He's capable of the MIP and an All-Star.

Comment

Dwyer is an idiot he ranked Wall 14th on the PG list. Guy hasnt even played yet.

Comment

This list was alright I think. Also if you look at it, the thing is the projection for the following year, not last year, and he clearly thinks Hibbert is going to make a leap next year. Also, Dwyer is usually pretty knowledgable about things, and unlike most of the American writers on big sites/networks, actually watches a lot of basketball (raptors included.)

Comment

I don't know what this list is based on, but my first reaction was that Bargnani is ranked where he is because of his defense. So I checked the PER (which is very much based on offense), and surprisingly, he's ranked 27th amongst centers there.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...3fposition%3dc

Nazr Mohammed, Javalem McGee, Robin Lopez and Marreese Speights are ahead of him in PER.

As for that list, so far the only questionables ahead of him are Shaq and Hibbert.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                    This article by yahoo is laughable. Raps fans gotta stop getting wound up in what the media has to say, as there is rarely something good. Watch Bargs to be a top 4 centre. He's got the body to match a physical game and he's starting to utilize it. Its taking him so long to develope because he's a slinger from Italy who virtually had no idea of the NBA game. Do you not think this is one of the main things they are addressing over the summer (Triano (staff), National team)? With the right tutelage, he is more then capable of becoming a ferocious defender. Not everybody has that killer instinct, allot of times it has to be learned through adversity. Great, great player who has been caught in the shadow of Bosh for way to long. He's capable of the MIP and an All-Star.
                    Wow, a top 4 centre!!?? You are either supremely optimistic or a bit off the mark. Im leaning towards the latter. I don't think Bargs will be a top 4 centre over his entire career. 5 years in league is too long to still refer to him as a developing player. I think he has the ability to be a top 5 offensive center in the league but he hasn't showed any willingness to become a tenacious defender either man to man or team defense.
                    And I don't agree that he has the body to be a physical defender in the post against the Shaq's, Howard's, Duncan's or any of the other big strong tough 5's in the post.

The Raps still don't have a Big man coach to show him how to really play the position and I don't think the FIBA game is going to make him turn around completely over the summer.

I have a lot of optimism for the Raps and Bargs game this season but I definitely take it with a pinch of realism. As everybody has mentioned in past posts on Andrea, its not even his level of effort on the defensive end that worries me sometimes but its that he is slow to read and react to plays...I honestly hope he proves me wrong though!
                    Last edited by ShinobiOne; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Bargnani is our BEST player and NOW that he is the focal point of the team he will further prove to fools like you that he is just that...This piece of shit article is just another American bias piece towards a very talented Euro who is playing on the only Canadian franchise left in the NBA.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani is our BEST player and NOW that he is the focal point of the team he will further prove to fools like you that he is just that...This piece of shit article is just another American bias piece towards a very talented Euro who is playing on the only Canadian franchise left in the NBA.
                        yea im sure playing with the italian national team who use more zone than any other euro team is really gona help bargs learn to play man to man defense.

did you enjoy that ass-whippin he got from the Montenegrins ? hahahaah

he got dunked on and smacked around more than i've ever seen a player get. pecovic actually slapped the ball out of barg's hands and bargs stood there like the little punk that he is cuz he couldnt do nothin to stop it.
                        Last edited by vinnie_paz; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

he may not be a "developing player" but this is his first year with the interior offence flowing through him. Could be a flop, but more likely he'll be ranked higher than hibbert come next june.

Is Stoudemire a C for NY? Because otherwise I think Bargs is a top 2 or 3 center in the East next year.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            This is why he is not the Raptors most talented player because talent wise including offense and defense he in my opinion in the late 2nd to mid 3rd quartile of centers in the NBA. By the end of the 2010-11 most of the writers will have DeRozan ranked higher than Bargnani and possibly Davis and/or Johnson.

They may be correct on him but they are wrong on DeRozan, Johnson, Davis and even Weems to a certain extent. Since the Raptors last season were not on national TV other than NBA/TV a couple of times a lot of these writers have probably seen Davis play more when he was at NC than they have seen DeRozan, Johnson and Weems play while with the Raptors.

However they have all seen Bargnani by now since the Raptors did make the playoffs with Bargnani playing and also because he plays all over the world 12 months of the year.

So they're not wrong on Bargnani, but dead wrong on your group of fun boys? Yeah that makes allot of sense. The truth is there are more then a few flaws with this list and its not even worth giving attention to.

Comment

yea im sure playing with the italian national team who use more zone than any other euro team is really gona help bargs learn to play man to man defense.

did you enjoy that ass-whippin he got from the Montenegrins ? hahahaah

he got dunked on and smacked around more than i've ever seen a player get. pecovic actually slapped the ball out of barg's hands and bargs stood there like the little punk that he is cuz he couldnt do nothin to stop it.

Vinnie I guess you missed the rematch today in which he dropped 34 points on Montenegro and lead his team to victory. I hope you enjoyed that, I know I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X