Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Bosh, Hedo, Jack, Belinelli, and #13

Toronto Trades: Chris Bosh, Hedo Turkoglu
    Toronto Receives: Udonis Haslem (SnT, 6.5 mil/year), Michael Beasley, 2xMiami 2010 picks (#18, #41), Toronto's future first rounder (plus about a $15 million trade exception)

Toronto Trades: Jarret Jack, Marco Belinelli, #13 pick
    Philli Trades: Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young

Toronto resigns Amir Johnson (4.5 mil/year)

Miami's Roster:

PG:
    SG: Dwayne Wade/Daquean Cook
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C:

+ 2 second round picks (42, 48)

Total Salary = $45.63 million, so they still have about $11 million to round out the roster (not including rookies)

Philli's Roster:

PG: Jrue Holiday/Jarret Jack
    SG: Marco Belinelli/Willie Green/Jodie Meeks
    SF: Andre Igoudala/Jason Kapono
    PF: Elton Brand/Jason Smith
    C: Samuel Dalembert/Mareese Speights

+ 2 picks (Evan Turner and ???)

Toronto's Roster:

PG: Jose Calderon/Lou Williams/Marcus Banks
    SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
    SF: Thaddeus Young
    PF: Udonis Haslem/Michael Beasley/Reggie Evans
    C: Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson

+ 2 picks = 13 players for training camp (Alabi + Stanley Robinson?)
    + $15 million trade exception.
    Total Salary = $62.1 million (not including rookies)
    Expiring Contracts = Thaddeus Young (2.9 million, has qualifying offer), Michael Beasley (4.96 million, has team option), Reggie Evans ($5 million), Marcus Banks ($4.75 million), Sonny Weems ($0.85 million)

The first thing you'll notice is this team is much more athletic. Second is that our front court consists of 2 offensive players and 2 defensive players, allowing a lot of flexibility for Triano to use in games. The main problem with the roster is that the only distributor is Jose Calderon, but with 2 picks and a $15 mil trade exception, it's possible to solve that problem.

Marz,

thats a very detailed and well thought out set of trade proposals, but here is my question?

how is Toronto actually better after all these moves?
    hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

And....why would Udonis Haslam want to sign with Toronto?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

decent proposals indeed, however;

Not sure if Udonis agrees to go to T.O. I'm pretty sure he wants to stay in MIA (and they want him too - http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...want_him_back/) .

Personally, if/when Bosh goes, I'd like to see Bargs move to the 4 spot and BC bring in a bruising/rebounding/defensive shot-blocking type to play along side of him. I'm not sure if BC shares that opinion, but I think that'd be best!

Also, not sure how much value expiring contracts have in T.O. besides being able to re-trade them (especially with all the rumors lately about everyone wanting out). Who's going to want to come here?

Comment

all i can say is everybody is entitled to their own opinion! go marz!

Comment

I agree and like the ideas- all Im saying is I dont see how Toronto can go into next season thinking its improved with a PG rotation of Calderon/Williams and Banks at the PG?
            hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
              decent proposals indeed, however;

Not sure if Udonis agrees to go to T.O. I'm pretty sure he wants to stay in MIA (and they want him too - http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...want_him_back/) .
              David Thorpe talked about this today on the podcast as well.

Comment

phdsteve wrote: View Post
                Marz,

thats a very detailed and well thought out set of trade proposals, but here is my question?

how is Toronto actually better after all these moves?
                Basically the trades were done to make the team younger and allow them to develop together, with the hope that some of them will turn into special players. Thaddeus Young has a world of potential that hasn't been tapped yet, same with DeRozan and Beasley and even Johnson to some extent. The trades don't make the team better immediately but it gives us a lot of assets and sets us up for the future.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  And....why would Udonis Haslam want to sign with Toronto?
                  udonis haslem isn't even good anyways. so, why wouldn't he? no that i want him to.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    udonis haslem isn't even good anyways. so, why wouldn't he? no that i want him to.
                    I'd delete this comment if you want people to take your basketball knowledge seriously. I really would.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X