Clear All

• Raps need to shake their starting lineup a bit

My suggestion:

JV
    Hansbrough
    Ross
    DeRozan
    Lowry

Why Hansbrough instead of Patterson?? I like PP off the bench. He's like our 6th man. He's our best bench player. You know you're going to get 10-12 pts from him every game.

And this starting lineup IMO needs a jolt of energy and physicality. Tyler can give them that.

What happens to Amir Johnson? use him as JV's backup.
    Mamba Mentality

Yeah ! Hans bro brings that energy and physicality to the starting lineup
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing during the game. I like PP off the bench as well, so Psycho T would be a decent option to provide some physicality at the beginning.

Comment

Only problem is that Hansbrough is not great on the pick and roll and is most effective crowding the basket, which will end up packing the paint and leading to even more jumpshots.

I'd like to see Patterson get a crack at it.

And we really need another true backup C for the nights when Val is overwhelmed.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Only problem is that Hansbrough is not great on the pick and roll and is most effective crowding the basket, which will end up packing the paint and leading to even more jumpshots.

And we really need another true backup C for the nights when Val is overwhelmed.
          Val was overwhelmed by who? Deandre Jordan??.. the dude is a dunk machine THATS IT!! i dunno if its just me but I am starting to doubt some real fundamentals with JV... he seems to have all the tools in the world for a true dominating C but yet theres something missing... to me, i am afraid, he is a ridiculously boring book with a really nice cover..

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
            Val was overwhelmed by who? Deandre Jordan??.. the dude is a dunk machine THATS IT!! i dunno if its just me but I am starting to doubt some real fundamentals with JV... he seems to have all the tools in the world for a true dominating C but yet theres something missing... to me, i am afraid, he is a ridiculously boring book with a really nice cover..
            He's a 21 year old sophomore, slow your roll.

He hasn't fully developed his body, and I doubt he will for at least a couple of years yet, so the older big men of the league will give him problems. And there are giving to be nights where he gets into foul trouble, and plugging in Chuck Hayes is not the solution.

Comment

And also uh.. Chandler has made a career out of being just a dunk machine on offence and a monster on D... so calling jordan that shouldn't be a knock. Big men do take longer to develop, JV will come. He's just not an absolute freak like davis or jordan or drummond.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

The Starting Line ups biggest flaw is Amir. Move him to the beench hes a complete non factor, if you are injured and cant preform let staf know so you dont jeopardize the TEAM! Holy shit. 2Pat is awesome off the bench could start but leave him there, Put Hansbro in the starting line up will play Defense and provide energy from the jump limiti Amir's minutes cause hes sinking the Raps.

DeMar needs help! pretty sure KLow is playing injured too, Ross is going through his All Star weekened dunk time forget playing smart phase so theres that as well.

Comment

Man what the hell has happened to Amir? Dude has been absolute garbage lately.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Man what the hell has happened to Amir? Dude has been absolute garbage lately.
                    Asking the same thing. I'd like to think that the ankle / personal issues are starting to surface again. A low-post threat is really badly needed in this team right now. I know people don't want to fantasize about Greg Monroe and his defence (Detroit doesn't want to trade him either) but I can dream right?
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      I love it, a second year player goes for 11 and 13 in 24 minutes (and it would have been 15 and 13 if he'd hit his normal FT%) and we get whining and bitching. What exactly would he have to do, in 24 minutes of PT, to make you happy? 20 pts 20 rebs?

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I agree, I think it should be 2Pat over Hands. Better floor spacing with both the first bigs unit and the second.
                      Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Feb 8, 2014, 11:38 AM.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I love it, a second year player goes for 11 and 13 in 24 minutes (and it would have been 15 and 13 if he'd hit his normal FT%) and we get whining and bitching. What exactly would he have to do, in 24 minutes of PT, to make you happy? 20 pts 20 rebs?

I agree, I think it should be 2Pat over Hands. Better floor spacing with both the first bigs unit and the second.
                        Hmmm, the first unit doesn't need floor spacing. You got shooters in Ross, Demar and Kyle. I like PP off the bench for scoring and energy punch. For now, Tyler gets the nod because he isn't afraid to get down. He also gets fouled a lot which is a bonus. He doesn't have Amir's finish but the hustle is there. Let Amir cool down for a bit.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

What personal issues?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Hmmm, the first unit doesn't need floor spacing. You got shooters in Ross, Demar and Kyle. I like PP off the bench for scoring and energy punch. For now, Tyler gets the nod because he isn't afraid to get down. He also gets fouled a lot which is a bonus. He doesn't have Amir's finish but the hustle is there. Let Amir cool down for a bit.
                            You can never have enough shooting.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

2Pat... he is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X