Celebrate or Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrate or Hate

What if and this is a big WHAT IF, by some fluke (or should i say FREAK) of nature, Bargnani becomes a double-double player and decent defender, Demar avgs 25pts/5rebs/5asts, Bayless 20pts-10asts and they make the playoffs.

Would you hate or celebrate?

tbihis wrote: View Post
    What if and this is a big WHAT IF, by some fluke (or should i say FREAK) of nature, Bargnani becomes a double-double player and decent defender, Demar avgs 25pts/5rebs/5asts, Bayless 20pts-10asts and they make the playoffs.

I would celebrate.

I assume the Raptors are going to be an 8th seed in this scenario and picking 15th in a deep draft is not a bad thing - someone always falls. Plus the Raptors still have a tonne of cap space for next summer and might actually be able to entice a player to make them even better. Oh yeah, and JV would still be yet to come.

But back to reality...

Comment

Does the lotto 649 happy dance count for celebrate? That would mean Andrea has a heart, Demar has a handle and play making skills and Bayless is on a CP3 D.Will level.... We wouldn't need a lottery pick as we'd arguably have 3 guys in the all-star game. Is it bad I'd celebrate Bargnani getting 8 boards let alone 10?

Comment

Celebrate.

It's going to be a really deep draft
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Why would anyone hate? Those stats would rival those of Miami's big three and we'd likely be an excellent team. Isn't that what we all want??

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Why would anyone hate? Those stats would rival those of Miami's big three and we'd likely be an excellent team. Isn't that what we all want??
            Ive actually read posts that they prefer the team to not do good so they can draft higher next year.

I dont mind that, but i dont mind making the playoffs either.

Comment

Celebrate, of course.

If all three players are on the rosters all year, I would rate the chance of these event occuring as follows:

[Possible]
              Demar averages 5 rebounds a game.

[Unlikely]
              Andrea becomes a decent defender (if the last man anchor is Ed Davis or someone else not currently on the roster)
              Demar averages 25 points

[Very, very unlikely]
              Bayless averages 20 points a game (third options rarely average that many points)
              Demar averages 5 assists a game
              Bayless averages 10 assists a game (it's a difficult feat for a good passer, let alone one who is below average in my opinion)
              Bargnani averages a double-double (he has a 4:1 deffensive to offensive rebound ration and if I remember my calculations I did in March, he would need over 23% DRR to average 10 boards a game).

Comment

Jb will average 7 assists tops and probably 13 - 15 ppg. Demar will most likely average over 20 ppg and 4 or more rebounds. Bargnani... i don't really know his ppg will drop because of less touches(DeMar) and maybe 7 rebounds and a block at most.

Comment

I would call my doctor

...and have my meds reviewed because I would be hallucinating.

Comment

Tbh, i would be happy of Andrea finished with averages of 7RPG, if he gets more frequent double-doubles aswell, and if ne manages to improve his defences more than slightly id accept him. Atleast that will have shown some positive improvement and that he understands Caseys new policies/style.

However, for Casey to brainwash some like Bargnani into his new scheme within 2 weeks is a bug task, though Bargs has been working through the summer and lockout, so fingers crossed he comes in with a new approach.

And i would certainly be celebrating if the Raps miracly made the Playoffs with their current roster, which would show that they are capable with even their current pieces, and adding a few tweaks would potentially set us up very well for that following season, IF this situation ever happens.

Comment

Ive actually read posts that they prefer the team to not do good so they can draft higher next year.

I dont mind that, but i dont mind making the playoffs either.
                      I think there would be very few not celebrating.

What people want from this team is to have a franchise player, top notch talent that Toronto will only get through the draft. Its not like people want this team to lose, they want them to win... but take a look at the bigger picture. But if Bargs, Bayless and Demar suddenly have horseshoes shoved up their ass, I'm sure that would be acceptable to.

Comment

If you're a Raptors fan, you SHOULD celebrate such achievements. Team success is the number 1 goal, regardless of who contributes.

Similarly, if the Raptors manage to win 60 games next year, with Bargnani as a 10th man, then unless your name is MultiPaul, you should be celebrating too.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          If you're a Raptors fan, you SHOULD celebrate such achievements. Team success is the number 1 goal, regardless of who contributes.

Similarly, if the Raptors manage to win 60 games next year, with Bargnani as a 10th man, then unless your name is MultiPaul, you should be celebrating too.
                          Having said that, the odds of us winning 60 games next season are just as likely as Bargnani becoming a "decent defender". Booya!

Comment

60 wins would make me cry, and i'd rub it in my friends face because he thinks the raptors suck.

Comment

There is more chance there will be peace in the middle east then your scenerio.

Comment

Working...
                              X