Hedo and change for Granger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo and change for Granger?

According to the ESPN trade machine, Hedo and Banks in return for Granger and Foster would work. In reality, Indy would want a lot more in return (Derozan? draft picks?). Also, if something like this were to happen it would be a second straight year in which BC had to give up his "prized" off-season acquisition and admit that he was wrong... which doesn't look too good on him. What do you guys think would make a trade like this work?

YAY! FIRST POST!
    Last edited by JYC; Mon Jan 11, 2010, 07:42 PM.

Welcome to the boards JYC and talk about a statement post with your first one too.

Regarding your proposed deal .... I like it. My only issue is how injury prone Granger is and the fact this his contract could perhaps be worse than Hedo's especially if he goes down for a substantial amount of time.

The Banks for Foster swap would be great too especially of Evans is done for good this season which its looking like more and more with each passing week. A big physically guy who's great on the boards. I've always liked Foster. Sign me up.

Comment

Welcome RRF JYC!

Hedo and Banks for Granger and Foster? Hmmm...you're probably right in that Indy would be looking for more in return. Maybe BC could add Rasho or POB to that trade. Not sure if that would work, but it would be beneficial to both teams no?

I'm thinking something like this:

Pacers get

Hedo
      Belli
      POB or Rasho

Raps get

Granger
      Foster
      and possibly a pick

Comment

one bad game and here start the trade talks again...

Comment

Chris Bosh is the only Raptors player good enough to get Larry Bird to give up Danny Granger.

Larry Bird rates Granger as a franchise player type talent. He's not giving him up for anything less than that in return.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
            one bad game and here start the trade talks again...
            No, I don't necessarily think its that. In order to be taken serious and go deep into the playoffs this season, there are changes that need to be made. I just don't think we have any pieces besides Bosh that other teams would be interested in.

BTW, welcome to the forums playmaker!!!!

Comment

It isn't because of one bad game that I would trade Turk, It's just that Granger is a clear upgrade and would fit into our system a lot better. A player who gives us consistent PPG on a night to night basis and is not as much as a defensive liability would make us much more competitive against the top four teams in the conference.

Comment

Indy wants to lose long-term contracts not gain.
                Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

your crazy right?....A report just came out couple days back that Indiana rejected a proposed offer that would send Granger to Min for Al Jefferson. If they wouldnt accept Granger for Jefferson, why would they possibly take on Hedo's untradeable contract especially since they are trying to rebuild.

Out of all the trade proposals ive heard this may be the worst

Comment

Like I said, Toronto would have to give up something in return. Although I like DD, I would also include him and a first round pick if I had to get a player like Granger. That being said, there is no question that it's wishful thinking... Can't blame a guy for trying lol.

Comment

Congrats on your first post but still this is horrible trade for the Pacers and would easily be the heist of the century for the Raps. I see no reason why the Pacers would trade their best player who is still under 25, for a 30 year old SF (whos paid 10 mill till 35) and a overpaid third-stringer.

Comment

tarunj wrote: View Post
                        why would they possibly take on Hedo's untradeable contract especially since they are trying to rebuild.

They're building a team made of whitepeople?

Comment

Why would Indy wanna trade Granger?? The guy is a top talent and he just signed a 5 year deal before last season. Hedo isn't somebody you build around like Granger. Even with DeRazor and a 1st rounder I don't see Indy ever making a deal like this with T.O..

Comment

NewRapCity wrote: View Post
                            They're building a team made of whitepeople?
                            You're really going there?? Dunleavy, Murphy, Foster and Hansborough are all guys we could use on this Raptor team. I'd take any of them for some of the guys on this team.

Comment

Working...
                            X