X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Sixers looking to move Evan Turner

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/9...-turner-sixers

Can the Raptors offer anything?

Why would the Raptors be interested in Turner? For the first time in years a wing player is not what the Raptors are looking for. We actually have a bit of a surplus which feels very weird.

I can't see the Raptors being interested in Turner, and the only way to get involved in a multi-team deal is if Philadelphia wants Bargnani.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d5nk2yt

Evan Turner + Thaddeus Young --> Demar Derozan + Andrea Bargnani

Evan Turner can play as a big SG, assists a lot and hits the 3 consistently (40%), Thaddeus Young plays closer to the post and can be a small powerforward who has been unbelievably consistent on both the offensive and defensive end this year.

Kyle Lowry
      Evan Turner
      Rudy Gay
      Thaddeus Young
      Jonas Valancuinas

I think Evan Turner will be a good fit with Rudy Gay, and I think Thaddeus' toughness and effeciency will compliment the team further (we have enough inefficient wings+PGs).

Though in all honesty, I still want to ride with Demar, and maybe up Bargnanis trade value a little more before I get to antsy with flipping this team upside down.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
        Why would the Raptors be interested in Turner? For the first time in years a wing player is not what the Raptors are looking for. We actually have a bit of a surplus which feels very weird.
        Simply by the fact that he would be the best SG on the team.

Comment

We're really don't need him. We have enough wings and I'm not interested in giving up any of Derozan or Ross

Comment

Dunk wrote: View Post
            We're really don't need him. We have enough wings and I'm not interested in giving up any of Derozan or Ross
            You really like our sub 500 team?! because Rudy Gay is not a Lebron James or a Durant that will all of the sudden propell this team to great hights. The roster is still flawed and needs an upgrade.

Comment

I agree with the post above. If raptors can manage to pull off a trade for Thaddeus young and turner for demar+bargnani+ pieces that'd significantly improve this team.

Comment

@Hotshot, through this thread you have made several disparaging remarks towards the wings on the Raptors. I suppose we have different views on this. Currently I have been very pleased with the progress of our wings. There is still serious inconsistencies that I hope get cleared up as time goes on. But what has impressed me has been how the team as a whole has adapted to the addition of Gay. It has given me hope.

My question for you is, what do you see as the attributes that Evan Turner would bring to the Raptors to improve the current composition of the team? What is it that would establish him as, in your words, the best SG on the team?

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                  @Hotshot, through this thread you have made several disparaging remarks towards the wings on the Raptors. I suppose we have different views on this. Currently I have been very pleased with the progress of our wings. There is still serious inconsistencies that I hope get cleared up as time goes on. But what has impressed me has been how the team as a whole has adapted to the addition of Gay. It has given me hope.

My question for you is, what do you see as the attributes that Evan Turner would bring to the Raptors to improve the current composition of the team? What is it that would establish him as, in your words, the best SG on the team?
                  For starters raptors lack rebounding. Turner is the best rebounding SG in the league. He's also one of the better passing ones at 4.5 apg. He's a 3 point threat(40%) demar may be a better offensive threat but turner is a better defender and is better at pretty much ever other aspect of the game.

Comment

I don't see this as a deal that is really a difference maker at the moment. Turner may actually offer a look that works if you switched him with Demar, but I don't know that it would be better. This is not a deal Toronto needs.

Also, am I the only one who hears alarm bells go off when a team is basically giving up on a 3rd player even though he's having his best year? I'm sure Philly figures he can't improve much more, so I'm sure they're seeing if a team is willing to give up a significant asset for him. I could see them maybe going after Tyreke Evans. That would be one fast, physically imposing backcourt with Holiday, and they clearly want scoring more than they want the extra assists and rebound Turner gets them.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      For starters raptors lack rebounding. Turner is the best rebounding SG in the league. He's also one of the better passing ones at 4.5 apg. He's a 3 point threat(40%) demar may be a better offensive threat but turner is a better defender and is better at pretty much ever other aspect of the game.
                      +1

When Denver acquired Iggy. they also didn't really have issues with the wings. Aaron Affalo is more then capable SG. However giving all that the upgrade at the wing did Wonderous for Denver and they are now considered one of the best teams in the NBA. I am not saying Even Turner is iggy but like Iggy he is a multifaceted talent that will make this team much better then they currently are.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        It's true, his passing and 3pt shooting is superior to DeMar's, and he is currently stronger on defense then DeRozan as well. I would not say he is a gigantic leap on defense, but he would be an improvement.

But when looking at the numbers I see worse true shooting %, lower PER, lower wins-shared, lower free-throw percentage and free throw attempted.

The stats can go either way, but I am still unconvinced that Turner is a better player then DeMar, let alone a better fit for the team.

Also, even though DeRozan has an extra year of NBA experience to Turner, he is still almost a full year younger then Turner. This is nothing drastic, but something to be taken into consideration as well.

I love the point that White Men Can't Jump made in regards to Turner putting in his best season to date, and now being shopped. He was a key reason that Philadelphia felt comfortable trading away Igoudala, and now less then a full season after that trade they are looking to ship him out? What does that say?

Comment

Also, the Raptors rebounding problems have nothign to do with the SG position.....Bargs has always been a problem, JV was injured and we had just traded Ed away. Our rebounding problem will only truly be addressed by JV developing. Just like Turner's 6 plus rebounds don't mean squat with no bigs on the floor guarding the rim and cleaning up most of the trash. How badly do you think Philly wishes they could take back the Bynum trade and still have Vucevic?

Comment

Also, is a better three-point percentage much of an asset if you sink less then one 3-pointer per game?

I certainly do not agree with everything that John Hollinger wrote, but I love this line that he wrote pre-season about Turner:

Turner has one of the lowest free throw rates at his position and never makes 3s, an impossibly inefficient combination that put him fifth from the bottom in true shooting percentage.
                            And yes, this was the same time that Hollinger wrote not good things about DeRozan as well.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Simply by the fact that he would be the best SG on the team.
                              Lol your joking right? He's trash compared to derozan

Comment

Working...
                              X