X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubio & Calderon \ Flynn & Kemba = Kawhi Leonard

Well the first domino has fallen:

T'wolves have reached deal with Rubio

Now the question becomes do the raps deal calderone for Flynn who is clearly on the move

As we all know Minnesota is a young team and trying to integrate a Spanish national might be the next most logical stop for the team oriented albeit slowing Calderon.

If this deal goes through there is NO WAY the raptors will draft Kemba or Brandon Knight (should he fall that far)... so what will happen.

(a) Draft Jan Vesely - Hell no! it wont happen - I promise you that.
    (b)Trade the pick + Bargs in a package to Clippers for Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman? Maybe..
    (c) Draft another athletic wing player Kawhi Leonard from compton Demar's hood - that my best guess and nbadraft is saying the same thing

BC had a chance to draft Lamarcus Alderidge a guy who grew up in Bosh's back yard instead took EuroBargs - HE WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE...

If they do draft Kawhi Leonard kiss sonny & jWright good bye bet on the return of reggie and BC is will likely use the TPE to talke back bad contract in a effort to move bargs and get a center.
    Last edited by charlz; Thu Jun 2, 2011, 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling police called
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

there's just one flaw to your post.

it's Chris Kaman

not Kris Kahman
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd say there's more flaws than that
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, LOL. If you (LBF) are going to criticize his spelling, then you might as well criticize all the other spelling mistakes, lack of punctuation, inconsistent capitalization, etc.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          there's just one flaw to your post.

it's Chris Kaman

not Kris Kahman
          lol - true. Anyhow we all know how much Clippers love to shed salary and keep players in rookie contract so that deal could be interesting... no to mention they traded away their first round pick

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            no to mention they traded away their first round pick
            Considering they traded away a first round pick that was going to be close to where we currently draft, this is not a very good reason why they'd do the trade. Especially when they just gave up that pick to save barely over $10 mil in salary over the next two years, and now you think they want to ADD Bargnani's three extra years over Kaman while S&Ting Jordan away as well?

Comment

So what's a realistic trade that would include Jose for Flynn?
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                Considering they traded away a first round pick that was going to be close to where we currently draft, this is not a very good reason why they'd do the trade. Especially when they just gave up that pick to save barely over $10 mil in salary over the next two years, and now you think they want to ADD Bargnani's three extra years over Kaman while S&Ting Jordan away as well?
                great question - I dont know the answer fully but I can speculate Raps can take back +9 mill on TPE (which expires 7 days after draft if I am not mistaken) so that + the pick could be the carrot to make a deal happen if BC wants to go that way - maybe a 3 team maybe bargs is a separate deal... the great thing is BC has options

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  So what's a realistic trade that would include Jose for Flynn?
                  Jose < - > flynn Webster (salary dump)
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5wbosnb

or maybe an s+t for weems there are a few ways BC could spin it...

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                    Jose < - > flynn Webster (salary dump)
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5wbosnb

or maybe an s+t for weems there are a few ways BC could spin it...
                    I would be cool with that. Webster ain't even that bad. Shot 41% from 3 last year.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Personally, I really like Martel Webster. Id love to have him in Toronto. However, I dont know how keen the Wolves would be to just dumping him.

Comment

3-team trade for #2 pick, in light of Rubio's decision

I posted this as a new topic in the Trade Proposals section of the RR Forum:

So in light of Rubio deciding to come play for Minnesota, I thought I'd revisit the Calderon-to-Minnesota rumor and address a few teams' needs.

TO MINNESOTA
                        - Calderon (to mentor Rubio and give Minny veteran leadership on the floor)
                        - Barbosa (they have no SG and he would also be another veteran that Kahn wants)
                        - #5 pick (from Toronto)

TO INDIANA
                        - Ridnour (PG/salary dump for Minny, would be veteran PG for Indy to pair with Collison)
                        - Ellington (end of bench player from Minny, purely for salary-matching reasons)

TO TORONTO
                        - Flynn (PG dump for Minny, would give Bayless good young competition for PG time in TO)
                        - Webster (salary-matching from Minny, more decent young wing depth for Toronto)
                        - Posey (salary dump from Indy, either bought-out or traded by Toronto)
                        - cash from Indy to help facilitate buy-out of Posey
                        - #2 pick (from Minny)
                        - #45 pick (from Indy)

* Toronto would have a few more options regarding which players to keep, trade or buy-out (Posey) --> I assume Toronto would draft Williams @ #2, or possibly Kanter

* Minny would go from Flynn/Ridnour to Calderon/Rubio at PG, would also add a veteran SG on an expiring contract in Barbosa (Webster is behind Beasley/Wesley at SF) and would still have the #5 pick to either use or trade

* Indy would add veteran PG depth (Ridnour) for the big expiring contract of Posey, a 2nd-round pick and cash; they would save $2M next season

NOTE:
                        I couldn't do the trade as-is, due to Barbosa not having exercised his option, but I did it with Kleiza/DeRozan acting as a place-holder for his contract, since they are roughly equal money. That trade did work on ESPN's Trade Machine

Comment

It could be even more simple:

TO MINNY
                          - Calderon
                          - #5 pick

TO TORONTO
                          - Flynn
                          - Webster
                          - #2 pick

I'm worried that Minny might want more in return for Flynn/Webster/#2 though.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan....I like ure thinking..but will minny bite,plus I don't see Flynn being that guy(pg)..but u never know until give kid a chance..just look at chancey billups..
                            If raps can get 2nd pick from minny 2 draft Derrick Williams it's all good.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

It could be even more simple:

TO MINNY
                              - Calderon
                              - #5 pick

TO TORONTO
                              - Flynn
                              - Webster
                              - #2 pick

I'm worried that Minny might want more in return for Flynn/Webster/#2 though.
                              this trade must happen!

Comment

Working...
                              X