Kenny Smith: Bucks Are Better Than Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Smith: Bucks Are Better Than Raptors

Ohhhhh Kenny .... who in Toronto slept with your wife? Of all the NBA analysts I don't think anyone has had it out for the Toronto Raptors like Kenny Smith has.

Courtesy of some dude from the RealGM:

I was just watching the TNT halftime between Cavs and Celtics and Kenny Smith tried to argue that other than the Big 4 in the East, the Bucks are the best team cuz they have won five in a row but Barkley interupted him saying "No no no no no, Toronto is waaaaay better than the Bucks cuz they got more star power!"

never, have i agreed more with sir charles!

Comment

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny... for goodness sakes, what must we do to make people believe that we're definitely team #5 in the East? He actually said the BUCKS are better than us??!! If he had said the Heat, then maybe his quote could've been more respectable. But the MILWAUKEE BUCKS??? C'mon....

Comment

in regards to milwaukee, role players do not constitute a team....

Comment

Oh Kenny, Ken, Ken....
          I dont know what we did to make you so biased, but we're sorry (i guess :S)
          How about you just shut up and forget what you learned about toronto in the 2nd grade, and just think its apart of the states. Maybe then you can see us as the 5th seed..

Comment

I saw the half time show, when Kenny said that and obvious disagreed because you just have to look at the standings to see who's 5th?

I was feeling what Sir Charles was said and couldn't agree more.

But thinking about, Bucks do play hard than the Raptors and the times we've matched up with them this season they have been taking it to the Raptors. Overall though Raptors have more talent, but just need to work harder to show that they belong to be the 5th seed.

Comment

I had the channel on doing something else when I perked up hearing Kenny say that the "Bucks were the best of the 2nd tier teams". Thats when Barkley said something like "Whaaat...not better than Toronto?"...and K replied "Yes, they are better than the Raptors". CB came back once more and K then shutup.
              I must admit...I think its not a sure thing in a 7 game series. Our depth is better. Kenny just seemed too emphatic.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I must admit...I think its not a sure thing in a 7 game series. Our depth is better. Kenny just seemed too emphatic.
                well said.

Comment

I think they have beaten us 2 out of 3 so far so you can't argue on that front. I'd still take the Raptors (when healthy) playing the way we are right now over them, though.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    I think they have beaten us 2 out of 3 so far so you can't argue on that front. I'd still take the Raptors (when healthy) playing the way we are right now over them, though.
                    Second that

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, the Raps have had almost no exposure on U.S. TV, so I'm not sure what Kenny and Charles are basing their opinions on. I'd bet my right arm neither of them has watched as many as two Raptors games all season. Why would anyone care what they think about a team they know nothing about?

Comment

What? They are paid basketball commentators, dude. You don't think they watch games of nearly every team?

Even me, a regular guy, I watch a lot of games on league pass. Surely people who do this for a living watch more games than me..

Comment

The Bucks have a solid team especially with the trade deadline additions, as long as Bogut stays healthy.

They now have a pretty good bench besides a decent starting five. The bench put up 43 last night. Okay it was against Indiana but you still got to put the rock in the hole

Are they better than the Raptors? I think it is closer than a lot of people including Barkley might think.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010022511
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The Raptors have potentially a top 5 talent and the fourth best offense in the league. On top of that they've been slowly inching their way out of the basement on defense, now ranked 26th. Guys, all that matters is what the Raptors do on the court. They'll prove that its laughable to suggest that the Bucks are better.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Buddahfan, it's not as clear cut as some may think. I do believe the Raptors are a better team, but the Bucks are getting better. That said, Kenny Smith is still tool and his opinion doesn't mean much to me. He also said at halftime that Boston was going to win that game and if they met in the playoffs that the Celtics would advance. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Barkley knew the Cavs would come back and win. F Kenny, Thanks Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X