Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a funny comment from S-Jax

From espn's recap:

Toronto's Reggie Evans had 17 rebounds, his third straight double-digit performance after missing 47 games with a broken foot.

"I wish he was on my team. I love the way he plays," Jackson said, referring to his opponent as "mad man Evans."

lol Mad Man Evans. Time for Devlin to get on the Mad Man Evans bandwagon!

verbatim wrote: View Post
    From espn's recap:

Toronto's Reggie Evans had 17 rebounds, his third straight double-digit performance after missing 47 games with a broken foot.

"I wish he was on my team. I love the way he plays," Jackson said, referring to his opponent as "mad man Evans."

lol Mad Man Evans. Time for Devlin to get on the Mad Man Evans bandwagon!
    I wonder if that is a dig at Jordan?

Probably not but, as we all know, he could have been on the Bobcats.

Comment

If only Reggie were healthy. Imagine if the Raptors had acquired Evans at the 2006-07 trade deadline when he was available? We would have gone into the Nets playoff series with that guy as a backup PF, would have liked to see Mikki Goddam Moore dominate us then!

Comment

I know we probably don't have room for him,but I'd love to keep Reggie here. He is just so entertaining to watch. Him and Dorsey are probably my favorite Raptors to watch play.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I know we probably don't have room for him,but I'd love to keep Reggie here. He is just so entertaining to watch. Him and Dorsey are probably my favorite Raptors to watch play.

Reggie:

“We love each other. We feed off each other. They work hard to pay for a ticket so I’ve got to meet them halfway with hard work on that court. We’ve got a bond with each other and it just feels good to have a good relationship with the fans.”

- this guy has the heart that we, as fans, ask of a player. This guy KNOWS and ACCEPTS his role. He has been injured and for long stints at a time but, when he comes back, he comes back ready to get it in. Bottom line. He puts up double figure rebounds, no matter what the game looks like for us. He makes our rebounding stats a bit better, no matter how you wanna look at it. Numbers just go up...that's it.

- the quote above is what we, as fans, should want him to stay right where he is. He CARES, yo!! He isn't complaining about nothing and is grateful. He cares NOTHING about superstars that come here with their flash and expectancies to roll over us. Nooooo...he'll play EVERY Dwight Howard, Shaq, LBJ, etc. as if you ain't **** on a stick. And he gets under your skin. The players like that in NBA's history have all helped their team win rings and become successful, by getting under the skin of other superstars..thus, taking them out of their game and comfort zone...that just smells of GAME CHANGER to me. #ASSET

- For the bigs that we want to acquire in the draft, Reggie is JUST that kind of guy they need to look up to. He is a vocal leader, that we didn't have in a guy that we threw millions of dollars to, in many occasions in our franchise..VC, Bosh. He's like another coach on the bench and when he's on the floor, no possession is taken off.

- His conditioning is another thing that is a plus. When he gets injured and comes back, his only main problem is cardio. Reggie heals very well when it comes to the TYPES of injuries he's endured. He's a very strong guy, but most importantly, not intimidated by the bigger guys than him. He's also showed flashes of being a pretty good passer, as well, lately. Which is a plus, if your big can do that.

- Lastly, he does not complain about minutes or plays being made for him. he just understands the game and the needs of our team. ya can't ask for anything better than that from a player(s).

This, in my opinion, is why we need the likes of Reggie.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            Reggie:

- this guy has the heart that we, as fans, ask of a player. This guy KNOWS and ACCEPTS his role. He has been injured and for long stints at a time but, when he comes back, he comes back ready to get it in. Bottom line. He puts up double figure rebounds, no matter what the game looks like for us. He makes our rebounding stats a bit better, no matter how you wanna look at it. Numbers just go up...that's it.

- the quote above is what we, as fans, should want him to stay right where he is. He CARES, yo!! He isn't complaining about nothing and is grateful. He cares NOTHING about superstars that come here with their flash and expectancies to roll over us. Nooooo...he'll play EVERY Dwight Howard, Shaq, LBJ, etc. as if you ain't **** on a stick. And he gets under your skin. The players like that in NBA's history have all helped their team win rings and become successful, by getting under the skin of other superstars..thus, taking them out of their game and comfort zone...that just smells of GAME CHANGER to me. #ASSET

- For the bigs that we want to acquire in the draft, Reggie is JUST that kind of guy they need to look up to. He is a vocal leader, that we didn't have in a guy that we threw millions of dollars to, in many occasions in our franchise..VC, Bosh. He's like another coach on the bench and when he's on the floor, no possession is taken off.

- His conditioning is another thing that is a plus. When he gets injured and comes back, his only main problem is cardio. Reggie heals very well when it comes to the TYPES of injuries he's endured. He's a very strong guy, but most importantly, not intimidated by the bigger guys than him. He's also showed flashes of being a pretty good passer, as well, lately. Which is a plus, if your big can do that.

- Lastly, he does not complain about minutes or plays being made for him. he just understands the game and the needs of our team. ya can't ask for anything better than that from a player(s).

This, in my opinion, is why we need the likes of Reggie.
            I agree with everything you said. The problem is if he was a good of a player as he is a person/professional there would be no need for discussion as to if he is back with the team or not. If they could get him on a cheap contract with the understanding you are our current Joey Dorsey, that would be ideal. It probably won't work out that way though - unfortunately.

Comment

I would absolutely love to keep Reggie. He makes the team so much tougher and he also masks the defensive defencies of other players like Bargnani. The problem is however:
              1. Does he want to stay another 3 years or so on a rebuilding team. I believe he's 31, not old, but the way he plays, he may be out of the NBA by 34 or 35. So, he might want to play on a team that contend right now.
              2. Money-wise, if he wants anything close to the $5 million/year he's getting now, I can't see BC resigning him. If you could get him for 3 years at $3 million/year or so, you might be able to do a deal.
              3. Will his presence take away playing time from our young kids: Davis, Johnson, even Dorsey?
              4. Injuries: He's not getting younger and the nightly pounding he takes might take its toll on him. So, will his ability decline over time?

Lots of uncertainty heading into this off-season.

Comment

Bayless also in the postgame mentioned that Reggie is essentially his favourite teammate, and he hopes that Reggie will be on the team for a long time to come.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                X