All-rookie team voting is rigged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-rookie team voting is rigged

Ed Davis got snubbed from the All-Rookie Voting even though he had better stats than almost all the second team rooks.

SOURCE:http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/11/a...s=iref:nbahpt2

Here are Eddy's stats compared to the other rooks:Ed Davis#32Forward
    PPG7.7 RPG7.10 APG0.6 EFF+ 13.02 Born: Jun 5, 1989
    Wesley Johnson#4Guard-Forward
    PPG9.0 RPG3.00 APG1.9 EFF+ 8.54 Born: Jul 11, 1987

Derrick Favors#15Forward
    PPG6.8 RPG5.30 APG0.5 EFF+ 9.40 Born: Jul 15, 1991

Paul George#24Forward
    PPG6.0 RPG5.00 APG1.0 EFF+ 9.20 Born: May 2, 1990

Greg Monroe#10Center-Forward
    PPG9.4 RPG7.50 APG1.3 EFF+ 14.74 Born: Jun 4, 1990

TBH I think the only one that actually deserves to be above Ed Davis is Greg Monroe, and even his stats are only slightly better than Davis, also Gary Neal shouldn't deserve First Team, he only did so well because the Spurs were able to spread the floor with their Big 3

OK im done with me rant

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis got snubbed from the All-Rookie Voting even though he had better stats than almost all the second team rooks.

SOURCE:http://www.nba.com/2011/news/05/11/a...s=iref:nbahpt2

Here are Eddy's stats compared to the other rooks:Ed Davis#32Forward
    PPG7.7 RPG7.10 APG0.6 EFF+ 13.02 Born: Jun 5, 1989
    Wesley Johnson#4Guard-Forward
    PPG9.0 RPG3.00 APG1.9 EFF+ 8.54 Born: Jul 11, 1987

Derrick Favors#15Forward
    PPG6.8 RPG5.30 APG0.5 EFF+ 9.40 Born: Jul 15, 1991

Paul George#24Forward
    PPG6.0 RPG5.00 APG1.0 EFF+ 9.20 Born: May 2, 1990

Greg Monroe#10Center-Forward
    PPG9.4 RPG7.50 APG1.3 EFF+ 14.74 Born: Jun 4, 1990

TBH I think the only one that actually deserves to be above Ed Davis is Greg Monroe, and even his stats are only slightly better than Davis, also Gary Neal shouldn't deserve First Team, he only did so well because the Spurs were able to spread the floor with their Big 3

OK im done with me rant
    While I disagree with the snub as well, I am selfishly very glad. I have a feeling he will work his ass off for next season (whenever it is) and come back with something (more) to prove.

Comment

Yea i really hope he takes strides like Demar,possibly even more than possible be 15/10

Comment

It's not rigged, the people with votes are just stupid. I mean, Omer Asik got a first place vote. Like, seriously?

Comment

Eddy D is going to come back a monster. Eating glass like D howard and throwin down monster jams.

Comment

Can you say MOTIVATION?
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post

OK im done with me rant
              So he got snubbed, it sucks but it doesn't mean the voting was rigged. It just means some people were not paying attention to Toronto. Ed is going to have an excellent career so who really cares at the end of the day. He only missed by two points and he even got a first place vote.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                It's not rigged, the people with votes are just stupid. I mean, Omer Asik got a first place vote. Like, seriously?
                i don't think that's out of place at all...asik was a key rotation player for the best team in the L. it ain't always about the stats...

but anyway, thought this nugget from hollinger was interesting, 'cause, y'know, he hates the raptors & doesn't watch any games & all:

'James (Detroit)

Why wasn't Greg Monroe selected to the all NBA Rookie First Team?

John Hollinger (3:56 PM)

Because, I suspect, a lot of coaches "outsource" their votes for this stuff to PR directors and the like. Anyone who thinks Landry Fields or Gary Neal had a better rookie year than Monroe wasn't paying attention, but because Fields was in New York and got a lot of attention and Monroe was in Detroit and got none, it swung a bunch of voters who really should know better. Same goes for Ed Davis by the way -- it's ridiculous that he's not even on second team when he's better than two of the guys on the first team.'
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Motivation!? The only thing that this sort of thing motivates, is for players to move to larger markets so that they won't get snubbed. Look at Chris Bosh who made that, ridiculous/hilarious, video trying to get some votes to get him into the all-star game.

This has 0 to do with ability and 100% to do with visibility and hype. See Blake Griffin winning the dunk contest as another example.

Does Hollinger hate the Raptors? No, but the only games he seems to watch is when Toronto is playing in Atlanta.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

If the guy is so childish that being snubbed from a meaningless all-rookie team makes him want to leave then he's not the kind of player a team should build around anyway. If a hard cap gets implemented guys won't have the luxury of bouncing around team to team as easily.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      Motivation!? The only thing that this sort of thing motivates, is for players to move to larger markets so that they won't get snubbed. Look at Chris Bosh who made that, ridiculous/hilarious, video trying to get some votes to get him into the all-star game.

This has 0 to do with ability and 100% to do with visibility and hype. See Blake Griffin winning the dunk contest as another example.

Does Hollinger hate the Raptors? No, but the only games he seems to watch is when Toronto is playing in Atlanta.
                      Win and everyone notices you. That is the problem in Toronto - no winning.

There was a time when VC led every SportsCentre broadcast in the States. Yes he was an electric player but the Raps were also an exciting and winning team.

Comment

Ed Davis is Ranked 4th in Wins produced according to this article. He is ahead of John Wall and if you only count people drafted this year (excluding griffen) his is 3rd behind Landry Fields and Greg Monroe
                        Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri May 13, 2011, 12:14 AM.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                        X