Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Real Is The Kleiza Deal?

Wacky Raptorland, again folks.

"My spies in Denver say there's no sign-and-trade with Kleiza, so scratch that one."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962933923"

"But Raps never announced Kleiza joining team -- it's possible they mutually rescinded offer."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962944764

Eric Smith:

"Seems strange that the Barnes deal flies in the face of the Kleiza deal & at the same time we've seen no OFFICIAL release RE: Kleiza. Hmm."

LINK: http://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/18964108844

What the hell is going on, yo??? I read, today, that the reason why Kleiza wasn't announced was because he's in his country, or sum'n like that. Also, the same for Barbosa, who's in Brazil. Weird.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

I hope the kleiza deal was rescinded, i like barnes better

Comment

Via Twitter
      @PDcavsinsider: Hold on just a minute, Barnes deal not completely done, says source. Issues with Orlando in sign-and-trade...
      PDcavsinsider

Raptors already used majority of mid-level on Linas Kleiza. If Raptors can't pull deal off w/ORL Barnes could re-consider Cavs offer.

Looks like things are getting messy, i think the picture will clear up within the week of whats going on with Kleiza and Barnes
      Last edited by Priest; Tue Jul 20, 2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

lol what the hell is this very strange things.why would mat barned announce to the world he is a raptor if things were not well along ya it is kind of odd that raptors have not announced kleiza signing
        ya dun noe

Comment

Interesting from a fan's perspective but with the mess that was the Calderon trade scenario already, professionally, should things be this easily leaked/messy?

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            Wacky Raptorland, again folks.

"My spies in Denver say there's no sign-and-trade with Kleiza, so scratch that one."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962933923"

"But Raps never announced Kleiza joining team -- it's possible they mutually rescinded offer."

LINK: http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/18962944764
            barbosa was announced he just has not been officially revealed to the media yet
            Eric Smith:

"Seems strange that the Barnes deal flies in the face of the Kleiza deal & at the same time we've seen no OFFICIAL release RE: Kleiza. Hmm."

LINK: http://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/18964108844

What the hell is going on, yo??? I read, today, that the reason why Kleiza wasn't announced was because he's in his country, or sum'n like that. Also, the same for Barbosa, who's in Brazil. Weird.
            barbosa deal is official he just has not been revealed to the media yet
            ya dun noe

Comment

Lopez wrote: View Post
              I hope the kleiza deal was rescinded, i like barnes better
              +1

Comment

why can't we have both? depth is good isn't it?

also we are going to be stuck in mediocre!!

Comment

Of course theres no sign and trade, the Raptors signed Kleiza to an offer sheet because he's a restricted free agent. Also the Raps can't rescind the offer after the offer sheet has been signed, if Devner doesn't match, Kleiza is in Toronto.

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                    Of course theres no sign and trade, the Raptors signed Kleiza to an offer sheet because he's a restricted free agent. Also the Raps can't rescind the offer after the offer sheet has been signed, if Devner doesn't match, Kleiza is in Toronto.
                    +1

The time for matching has passed.

I have not read anything saying that Denver matched.

It could be that Klieza still needs to complete the two last steps to finish off the deal

1. Pass a physical which may have to be done by an officially NBA sanctioned doctor. Therefore, not very likely that it could be done while he is in Europe.

2. League sign off on it which I believe, and I could be wrong on this, comes after he passes the physical. The reason is is that the results of the physical have to be forwarded to the NBA office. They check them and if the NBA is okay with that then the deal is done.

I think that the league approves or disapproves the financial side of the transaction before the physical, though again I am not sure of the order.
                    '
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

this is just stupid why does this shit always happen to the raptors
                      ya dun noe

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        +1

The time for matching has passed.

I have not read anything saying that Denver matched.

It could be that Klieza still needs to complete the two last steps to finish off the deal

1. Pass a physical which may have to be done by an officially NBA sanctioned doctor. Therefore, not very likely that it could be done while he is in Europe.

2. League sign off on it which I believe, and I could be wrong on this, comes after he passes the physical. The reason is is that the results of the physical have to be forwarded to the NBA office. They check them and if the NBA is okay with that then the deal is done.

I think that the league approves or disapproves the financial side of the transaction before the physical, though again I am not sure of the order.
                        '
                        Not to mention if the deal gets "rescinded" due to Kleiza not "passing" a physical, the Player's Association will be opening a whole world of hurt onto the Raptors. And it's just not professional. Kleiza will be a Raptor, whether you like it or not.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                          i concurr. it's frustratIng for once we can start mopving forward and bc is making all the right moves. but, they keep getting rescinded.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                            lmfao this is really "+1"
                            Yeah i agree its really an ongoing kick to the crotch if you're a raptor fan

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                              lmfao this is really "+1"
                              Yeah i agree its really an ongoing kick to the crotch if you're a raptor fan
                              I agree with the sentiment but all of this has to be laid on sources like Yahoo and ESPN and 24X7 news cycle.

But then Yahoo and ESPN are just the sports version of the LSM and their reliability on way too many things is just not there.

What is a fan to do?

Wait for the official team presser before jumping to any conclusions. Of course easier said then done
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X